Pension Process Map and Time Frame for those who are retiring on superannuation
|S.No||Process||Authority Concerned||Timeframe||Applicable Rule
CCS Pension Rules
|1||Preparation of list of employees who are due to retire within 12 to 15 months||Head of the Department||1st January,1st April ,1st July and 1st October each year.||56(1)|
|2||Communication of the list to the Accounts Officer Concerned||Head of the Department Head of the Office||31st January, 30th April, 31st July and 31st October each year.
In case of Government servants retiring for reasons other than immediately as soon as the fact comes to notice.
|3||Communication of the list to the Directorate of Estates in respect of employees having General Pool Accommodation with a view to obtain ‘No Demand Certificate.||Head of the Office.||12 months before retirement.||56(4)|
|4||Verification and determination of qualifying service, and if necessary, in consultation with the employee; and determination of average emoluments.||Head of the Office.||12 months before the retirement. The process to complete before eight months from the retirement.||59
(a) & (b)
|5||Communication of facts to the retiring employees for action by the employees.||Head of the Office.||8 months before the retirement.||59(c)|
|6||Submission of papers by the employee||Employee||6 months before retirement.||59(c)(iii)|
|7||Presentation of papers to pay and accounts office.||Head of the Office||4 months before the retirement.||61(4)|
|8||Checking the pension and gratuity admissible and forwarding the PPO to the pension paying authority.||Pay and accounts office||1 month before the retirement.||65|
|9||Dispatch of PPO to CPAO||PAO||On the last working day of the month preceding the month of retirement.|
|10-A||Dispatch of Bank half of the PPO to CPPC of Authorized Bank||CPAO||By 20th of the month of retirement.|
|10-B||Handing over of pensioners half of the PPO to the retiring employee||Head of Office||Date of retirement|
|11||Completion of all formalities and crediting the pension to the pensioner’s account.||CPPC/Paying Branch||Last date of the month.|
Note For cases of retirement other than on superannuation, it is provided that PPO shall be issued within six months of submission of duly completed Form 5 or the date of retirement whichever is later.
Pension Process Map and Time Frame
Source: Pensioners Portal
Related to Your Search:
- FAQ for Central Civil Services – Pension Procedure
- Steps to complete the pension case as prescribed in in CCS Pension Rules, 1972
- Simplification of pension procedure-submission of undertaking by retiring Government servant along with pension papers
- Retirement benefits as per Rule 64 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 during Covid Pandemic time
- CPAO: Simplification of pension procedure submission of undertaking by retiring Government servant
- Particulars to be obtained by Head of office from the retiring govt. servant eight months before the date of his retirement.
- Commencement of Pension in favour of retired Railway employees: Railway Bord
- Pensioners Portal provides a platform for retiring Central Govt Employees to showcase commendable work done during service
- Simplification of pension procedure – submission of undertaking by retiring Government servant