Latest notification for pensioners 2021
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
CPAO/IT&Tech/ ePPO 6 Vol-II/2021-22 /e06824/42
Subject: Pension case processed in PFMS returned by CPAO due to mistakes made by PAO Procedure to be followed while re-forwarding pension cases to CPAO after necessary corrections – reg.
Pension cases processed in PFMS pension module received in Central Pension Accounting Office are returned in the following scenarios:
(A) Mistake found in e-PPO but not in physical PPO booklet
In such cases, the physical PPO booklet is returned to the concerned PAO with suitable remarks. Simultaneously, the e-PPO is deleted from the CPAO database. The PAO then requests PFMS to revert the Digital Signature Certificate so that necessary modification could be made in the e-PPO. After corrections have been made, the e-PPO along with the physical PPO booklet is forwarded to CPAO. After verifying the details, the PPO booklet along with e-PPO is then sent by CPAO to the Central Pension Processing Centre of concerned authorised bank for making payment of pension.
(B) Mistake found in Physical PPO booklet but not in e-PPO
In such cases, the physical PPO booklet is returned to concerned PAO with suitable remarks. Similarly, the e-PPO is deleted from the CPAO database. However, it has been observed that in such cases the concerned PAO makes necessary correction only in the physical PPO booklet and forwards it to the CPAO without re-uploading the e-PPO.
2. As per the records available in CPAO’s database, there are 2197 cases of scenario (B) till date.
3. As the e-PPOs are deleted by CPAO from its database in both scenarios, PAOs in consultation with ITD section, O/o CGA are required to re-upload the e-PPO for scenario (B) also, while forwarding the case to CPAO after making necessary correction. Cases mentioned in scenario (B) cannot be processed if e-PPO is not received in the Central Pension Accounting Office.
4. All the Pr. CCAs/CCAs/ CAs/AGs/Administrators of UTs are requested to instruct concerned PAQOs to strictly adhere to the procedure mentioned above.
This issues with the approval of Chief Controller (Pensions)
(Satish Kumar Garg)
(Sr. Accounts Officer)
Related to Your Search:
- PRAN and PPPO numbers correct entries in both manual booklet and PFMS
- Transmission of e-PPO(PDF & XML) to the authorized banks in fresh pension cases
- Revision of post-2016 pension cases : CPAO Orders on 4.10.2016
- First Credit of pension on the basis of e-PPO into the account of the pensioner/ family pensioner followed by subsequent verification with physical PPOs
- Mandatory submission of e-revision authorities by the PAOs
- CPAO – Discontinuation of BSR code
- Pension Revision- Mandatory submission of e-revision authorities by the PAOs
- Central Pension Accounting Office (CPAO) celebrated its 29th Foundation Day today in the service of the Central Civil Pensioners
- Roll out of e-Revision utility of CPAO for 7th CPC revision of pension in all Delhi based PAOs