PCDA Circular 190 – Non transfer of Pension files from banks to other PDAs
Office of the Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pension), Draupadi
Circular No. 190
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI Deptt. of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai-400051.
2. The Manger CPPC of Public Sector Banks including IDBI
3. The Nodal Officers (ICICI/ AXIS/HDFC Bank)….
Sub: Non transfer of Pension files from banks to other PDAs.
This office is receiving representations from pensioners/family pensioners stating that they have submitted applications to their banks for transfer of their pension account to other PDA, however, banks are not transferring their pension account to the new PDAs.
In this regards, attention is drawn to para 3 of “Scheme for Payment of Pension of Defence Pension’ by Public Sector Banks” which clearly provides that pensioner will have the choice to draw their pension from any PDA. Further in para 7 of above scheme, procedure for transfer of pension account from one PDA to another PDA has been laid down. Similar provisions for transfer of pension account alongwith necessary supporting documents from one PDA to another PDAs are available in para 93.1, 93.3 and 94 of Defence Pension Payment Instruction 2013.
Non-transfer of pension account of pensioner/family pensioners, if opting, is not only a violation of provisions laid down but also reason of cause of dissent in pensioner/family pensioner. It is, therefore, requested to transfer pension account of pensioners/family pensioners to the new PDA on priority as and when pensioner/family pensioner opts for the same.
Related to Your Search:
- PCDA Circular: Non compliance of instructions for payment of Defence Pension
- Non compliance of instructions for payment of Defence Pension
- PCDA: Submission of Change Statement in the revised format
- Waiver of requirement of producing two pensioners drawing pension from same PDA to identify the pensioner
- Simplification of pension payment procedure- Submission of certificates by retiring Armed Forces Personnel along with pension papers
- Recording of PPO Number in the Bank Pass Book of Defence pensioner/family pensioner
- Issuance of corrigendum Pension Payment Order of Pre-2006 Defence Civilian Pensioners/ Family pensioners in terms of the recommendations of 6th CPC.
- Issue of Pension Slip to Defence Pensioners/family pensioners: PCDA
- Simplification of Pension Procedure – Amendment in para 15 and para 16 of “Scheme for payment of pensions to Central Govt. Civil Pensioners by Authorised Bank”.