Payment of salary through Bank/ECS
ALL INDIA RAILWAYMEN’S FEDERATION
Shiva Gopal Mishra
Dated: December 1,2014
Dear Shri Mittal,
Sub: Payment of salary through Bank/ECS
Ref.: AM(Staff), Railway Board’s D.O. letter No.E(G)/2012/HO1-1 dated 29.09.2014
The Adviser(Staff), Railway Board, vide his D.O. letter under reference had advised Northern Railway to ensure 100% payment of salary through Cheque/ECS after 31.12.2014. In this connection, I would draw your attention towards Railway Board’s letter No.2007/AC-II/21/7 dated 18.06.2008, 2008/AC-II/21/9 dated 03.09.2008 and 2008/AC-II/21/ dated 19.09.2008.
It may be appreciated that the issue regarding payment of salary to non-gazetted staff has been deliberated repeatedly at Railway Board’s level by the AIRF, whereupon it has been time and again assured that no staff shall be compelled to draw salary through Bank/ECS. The staff shall only be motivated to open their accounts in bank and pursued to draw salary through bank.
It is a matter of regret that, arbitrary orders to make payment through Bank/ECS to all the staff on Northern Railway w.e.f. 01.01.2015 have been communicated aforementioned letter of the Adviser(Staff), Railway Board, which is a breach of bilateral settlement arrived at with this federation.
It is further petriment to mention here that there is serious resentment among the staff on some corners of Northern Railway, which may result in disturbance of industrial peace as well.
I would, therefore, request you to kindly issue clarification to Northern Railway, so that the staff is not compelled to draw salary through Bank/ECS but only motivated to do so, and those who are still willing to draw salary through cash may also be permitted to do so in the instrest of industrial harmony.
An early action in the matter shall be highly appreciated.
With regards! Sincerely yours,
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
Shri A.K. Mittal,
Related to Your Search:
- Advance Payment of September 2017 Salary to Railway Staff
- Payment of leave salary to Running Staff in 7th CPC
- 7th CPC: Payment of leave salary to the running staff after the implementation of 7th CPC recommendations
- Implementation of 2nd & 3rd upgradation under MACP Scheme in Railways – AIRF
- Cash Payment of wages to Railway employees for the month of December, 2016 – NFIR
- Implementation of the judgment of the Hon’able Supreme Court in respect of 3rd MACP to accounts staff-AIRF to Railway Board
- AIRF writes to Railway Board for not implementing the decision of Hon’ble Supreme Court in respect of 3rd MACP to accounts staff
- Payment of 7th CPC Leave Salary to the Running Staff – Railway Employees NFIR
- Rest Rules for Running Staff – AIRF Reference to Railway Board