Payment of wages under the Minimum Wages Act to contract/casual workers in CPSEs
F. No. 2(4)12013-DPE(WC) GL-VII/13
Government of India
Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises
Department of Public Enterprises
Public Enterprises Bhawan
Block No.14, CGO Complex, Lodi Road
New Delhi, the 21 February, 2013
Subject : Payment of wages under the Minimum Wages Act to contract/casual workers in CPSEs.
The undersigned is directed to refer to the above noted subject and to state that reportedly few CPSEs are not paying the statutory wages and allowances to their casual/contract workers admissible under the Minimum Wages Act.
2.It must be ensured that the wages to the workmen in CPSEs are regulated as per the provisions of Minimum Wages Act and the agreement concluded between the Management and the Trade Union, and in no ease should the workers be paid wages less than the wages prescribed under the Minimum Wages Act. It may also be ensured that there is no incident of exploitation of casual/contract workers in any manner.
3.All administrative Ministries/Department of Government of India are requested to bring the aforesaid to the notice of the CPSEs under their administrative control for necessary action at their end.
Source : http://www.dpe.nic.in
Related to Your Search:
- Government asks central public sector enterprises to enrol employees under Aadhaar
- 7th CPC DA to the CDA pattern employees of CPSEs
- Payment of DA to the CPA pattern employees of CPSEs on 6th CPC pay scales governed by HPPC recommendations w.e.f. 01.07.2018
- Revision of scales of pay w.e.f. 01.01.1997 – Payment of IDA at revised rates to the employees of CPSE
- Railways: Provisions in respect of the Contract Workers on IR
- Payment of IDA at revised rates to executives and non-unionized supervisors of CPSE
- Payment of IDA at revised rates – Revision of scales of pay w.e.f. 01.01.1997(CPSEs)
- Equal Pay for Equal Work in CPSUs
- Payment of DA to Board level/below Board level executives and non-unionized supervisors following IDA scales of pay in CPSEs