Payment of Travelling Allowance (from residence to temporary place of duty) to those who were deputed for Election Duty in various cells of District Election Offices or CEO (HQ) for a longer period-admissibility-regarding.
OFFICE OF THE CHIEF ELECTORAL OFFICER
OLD ST. STEPHENS COLLEGE BUILDING,
KASHMERE GATE, DELHI-110006
No. CEO/B&A (109)(50)/2009-LA/24025-24272
This office is in receipt of various representations from different departments/ individuals and RTI applications regarding payrnent/admissibility of Travelling Allowance (from residence to temporarily place of duty) to those who were deputed for Election Duty in various cells of District Election Offices or CEO (HQ) for a longer period.
In this regard, this office has received an endorsement from Dte. of Training & Technical Education, Govt. of NCT of Delhi vide which Finance Department, Govt. of NCT of Delhi has clarified that:-
“Travelling Allowance is not admissible for the journey performed by officers/officials from their residence to the temporary duty point. However, they are entitled to Travelling Allowance, provided they performed any local journey in connection with official duty from the temporary duty point, will be regulated as per SR-71”.
Therefore all the Head of Departments/Nodal Officers, Govt. of India, Govt. of NCT of Delhi, all autonomous bodies, District Election Officers/SDM (Elections) are hereby requested to settle the Travelling Allowance Claims for election duty as per Opinion given by the Finance Department, Govt. of NCT of Delhi. The cases already settled may also be reviewed accordingly.
This issues with the prior approval of Chief Electrol Officer, Delhi
DY. CHIEF ELECTORAL OFFICER
CGDA’s forwarding letter:-
Controller General of Defence Accounts
Ulan Batar Fload, Palam, Delhi Cantt- 110010
No. AN/XIV/19015/Govt. Orders/2015
Sub: Payment of Travelling Allowance (from residence to temporary place of duty) to those who were deputed for Election Duty in various cells of District Election Offices or CEO (HQ) for a longer period-admissibility-regarding.
A copy of Office of the Chief Electoral Officer, Old St. Stephens College Building, Kashmere Gate, Delhi-06 Circular No. CEO/B&A (109)(50)/2009- LA/24025-24272 dated 02.03.2015 on the above subject is forwarded herewith for your information, guidance and necessary action please.
– CGDA PDF
Related to Your Search:
- Schedule for the General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Assam, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal and Puducherry- Regarding.
- Rate of Election Duty Allowance – Rate of Remuneration to the Officials Deployed on Election Duty
- Clarification regarding Travelling allowance (TA) rules after the implementation of 7th CPC
- Telangana State government declared Public Holiday on 11th April, 2019 for General Election for Lok Sabha – HOLIDAY
- Transport Allowance and Travelling Allowance Rules at a glance
- Schedule for bye – elections to fill casual vacancies of 64 – Dhrangadhra AC and 85 – Manavadar AC in the Gujarat State Legislative Assembly
- 7th CPC RATION MONEY ALLOWANCE (RMA) FOR ALL RANKS IN THE SERVICES ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE AND INTER-SERVICE ORGNISATIONS
- Time limit for submission of claims for Travelling Allowances (TA)
- 7th CPC: Grant of Ration Money Allowance to Officers of Defence Forces