National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 110 055
Affiliated to :
Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF)
No. I/5(g)/Part V
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Payment of Risk Allowance to the staff in the TRD Wing of Electrical Department on Indian Railways-Reg.
Ref: Railway Board’s letter No. E(P&A) I-2008 SP-I/AD-3 dated 02/05/2013.
The NFIR desires to bring to the notice of Railway Board that the staff working in TRD wing of Electrical Department are denied Risk Allowance even though these staff face continuous risk while perfoniing duties. The TRD staff are engaged in the jobs listed vide annexure to Railway Board’s letter No. E(P&A)I-2008/SP-I/AD dated 02/05 /2013.
2. ln this connection, Federation desires to bring to the notice of the Railway Board following facts for appreciation of NFIR’s point of view:-
- Though the TRD staff while working on the OHE, obtain Block and shut down the power carrying 2500 volt current duly earthing on both ends, but the power of same magnitude and intensity is available in the adjacent up/down line for the purpose of regular flow of rail traffic.
- The high intensity current on the adjacent line causes severe adverse impact on the health of TRD staff due to inherent infection. This gives rise to various diseases as infection is being caused in the human body.
The seriousness can be assumed from the fact that if the amount of current in the human bodv crosses 40 mili-ampere, it can cause even deaths.
3. The NFIR therefore contends that the health hazards faced by the TRD Staff of Electrical Department in their day-to-day working are continuous and they are required to be paid Risk Allowance.
NFIR, therefore, requests the Railway Board to consider the case of TRD staff in all grades and accord approval for payment of Risk Allowance.
Federation may be kept advised of the action taken in the matter.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah).
Related to Your Search:
- NFIR: Risk and Hardship Allowance – Railway Department
- Recommendations of 7th CPC – Payment of Risk & Hardship Allowance for Track Maintainers working in construction s organization
- 7th CPC Risk and Hardship Allowance for Track Maintainers working in Constructions Organization
- Seventh Central Pay Commission accepted by the Government – Payment of National Holiday Allowance to non-gazetted Staff in Pay Level 9 and 10 on Indian Railways
- Denial of payment of Breakdown Allowance to the staff working in GP 2000/Level 3 of 7th CPC
- Revision of Special Pay granted to Trolleyman working in Engineering and S&T Departments – reg.
- 7th Pay Commission Hospital Patient Care Allowance to Group ‘C’ &’D’ Railway employees working in Railway Hospitals
- Special Allowance to Nurses working in Operation Theater/Intensive Care Unit – revision of Allowances
- NFIR – Denial of LC Gate Allowance to the Gate Keepers/ Gatemen of Operating in Railways