Payment of revised pension including arrears w.e.f. 1.1.2016 to the pensioners
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi dated 30.05.2018
Principal Financial Advisors,
All Zonal Railways
Sub: Payment of revised pension including arrears w.e.f. 1.1.2016 to the pensioners.
Kindly refer to RBA No.170/2017 dated 30.11.2017 on the above subject. requesting Railways to verify the scrolls received from various Pension Paying Banks to establish that payment of revised pension has commenced in favour of all pensioners for whom revised PPOs have been issued. It is understood that despite lapse of nearly 6 months, revised pension is not being received by many pensioners and the issue is being raised in various Pensioners’ Forums including SCOVA.
Follow up on payment of revised pension by the banks is necessary to take the benefits to the pensioners in a timely manner. Therefore, a special drive may be launched in the EDP centres to reconcile the debit scrolls with the revised PPOs to ascertain the number of cases where payment of revised pension has not yet been initiated by the banks despite issue of revised PPOs. The matter may be taken up with defaulting Banks and a report sent at [email protected] in the following format by 30th June,2018 for Board’s information:
Position of Revision of Pension cases by Banks
Related to Your Search:
- Penal interest of 8% to be paid by Banks on delayed payment of Pension/Pension arrears-RBI Circular dated 13-04-2012
- Commencement of Pension in favour of retired Railway employees: Railway Bord
- Payment of enhanced Monetary Allowance attached to pre and post independence Gallantry Awards
- Recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission – Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners etc
- When will the arrears get paid? – Dearness Relief
- Revision of PPOs of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners use of e-scroll for retrieving information from Banks – reg.
- Incorrect/Wrong practice being followed by banks in payment of Defence Pension on e-PPOs
- Payment of arrears accruing in respect of deceased pensioners/family pensioners to the nominee/legal heir
- Nomination of Nodal bank branches under Single Window Scheme (SWS) for reimbursement of Railway Pension