Death of a railway employee – Payment of a family pension, death gratuity, and other dues to a Railway servant’s family when he or she dies while on duty.
Railway servant who dies in service after having rendered not less than 7 years continuous service, enhanced family pension will be payable to the family from the date of death of the Railway Servant for a period of ten years without any upper age limit.
R.B.E. No. 32/2022
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (भारत सरकार)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (रेल मंत्रालय)
RAILWAY BOARD (रेलवे बोर्ड)
New Delhi, dated: 17.03.2022.
The General Managers/Principal Financial Advisors,
All Zonal Railways/Production Units etc.,
(As per mailing list)
Sub: Payment of family pension, death gratuity and other dues to the family on death of a Railway servant during service – regarding.
Please refer to the Board’s letter of even number dated 04.06.2021 circulating DOP&PW’s O.M. No. 1/11/2021-P&PW/(E) dated 03.06.2021 vide which order was issued providing for instructions regarding payment of family pension, death gratuity and other dues to the family on death of a Railway Servant during service.
- One of the Zonal Railways had sought clarification regarding the applicability of the Board’s instructions dated 04.06.2021 on the past cases.
- The issue has been examined in consultation with Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare (DOP&PW) and it is clarified that Board’s instructions of even number dated 04.06.2021 are also applicable in respect of employees who expired before the date of issue of the said order irrespective of deceased employee covered under Old Pension scheme or under NPS.
This also disposes of North Eastern Railway’s letter No. पेंशन/मु./एनपीएस /समापक/2019 dated 25.02.2022.
Deputy Director, Finance (Estt.)III,
Related to Your Search:
- Relaxation of Rule 96 of Railway Services Pension Rules, 1993 for payment of provisional Family Pension on death of a Government Servant during service
- Special benefit in cases of death and disability in service – Revision of Disability Pension/Family pension
- NPS – Grant of Additional Benefits on death / disability of Central Government Servants covered under National Pension System
- NPS: Additional benefit on death/disability of Government servant covered by NPS
- Grant of provisional benefits on death/ disability of Railway servants covered under National Pension System (NPS)
- Payment of Death Gratuity to a minor-regarding
- Payment of family pension, death gratuity and other dues to the family on death of a Government servant during service
- Additional benefit on death/disability of Government servant covered by New Pension System
- Calculation of Retirement/death gratuity – Pay/Emolument for Government Employees dies during currency of a penalty