Payment of difference in TA to the employees due to implementation of MACP Scheme.
An important letter has been sent to Railway Board by the General Secretary of AIRF regarding the issue of arrears to be paid in difference of TA due to implementation of MACP to Railway employees.
Reproduction of the letter is given below for your information…
All India Railwaymen’s Federations
Dated: January 28, 2013
Sub: Payment of difference in TA to the employees due to implementation of MACP Scheme
Consequent upon implementation of the orders, modifying ACP Scheme as MACP Scheme on the basis of recommendations of VI CPC, many employees were granted financial upgradation under MACP Scheme w.e.f 01.09.2008. T.A. amount was claimed by the employees as per their old grade pay prior to their financial upgradation, and they are due for the arrears of TA with retrospective effect due to implementation of MACP orders.
The matter was taken up by our affiliate, S.C. Railway Mazdoor Union, with South Central Railway Administration, requesting payment of supplementary claims relating to difference of TA on enhanced pay of the employees who have been granted benefit of financial upgradation under MACP Scheme with retrospective effect.
It is unfortunate, that the above request of our affiliate was not considered favourably by the Railway Administration, saying that the payment of different of TA consequent upon financial upgradation with retrospective effect is not in consonance with Board’s instructions/codal provisions.
There is a provision exists in the Note under para 1602(2) of the IREC, that, in the case of late authorization/ drawl of increments with retrospective effect, other than those where increments were withheld or where increments take an officer above the stage of efficiency bar, there is no objection to supplementary claims relating to Travelling Allowance, if any, being admitted, on the basis of enhanced pay, including increments.
In this connection, photocopy of letter No.P(R) 75/VII dated 25.01.2012 of the CPO/SCR is enclosed herewith.
In view of the above, the Board are requested to issue necessary orders to South Central Railway Administration for the payment of arrears of TA to the employees who were granted financial upgradation under MACP Scheme w.e.f. 01.09.2008.
(Shiv Gopal Mishra)
Related to Your Search:
- Implementation of 2nd & 3rd upgradation under MACP Scheme in Railways – AIRF
- BPMS – Notional pay fixation after currency of Minor penalty is over in case of ACP / MACP
- Granting of Financial Upgradation under MACP Scheme – Clarification reg.
- Grant of Grade Pay Rs.6600/PB-3 to Nursing personnel i.e. staff Nurses/Nursing Sister/Matron/Chief Matron under 3rd MACP
- Payment of Over Time arrears to the staff promoted to higher Grade Pay posts under cadre restructuring w.e.f 01.11.2013 – Case of AC Escorting staff of South western Railway
- 7th Pay Commission MACP Pay fixation : How to fix Pay on MACP ?
- Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) for the Railway Employees
- Fixation of pay at the time of regular promotion / grant of NFSG in respect of officials who are already granted the benefit under MACP Scheme
- Grant of financial upgradation under MACP Scheme-Clarification for Railway Employees