7th CPC Payment of arrears arising out of leave salary – NFIR
No. I/3/Part I
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Payment of arrears arising out of leave salary consequent to the implementation of the report of 7th CPC for the period from 01/01/2016 and onwards – denial of payment on Zonal Railways.
Federation invites kind attention of the Railway Board to the provisions contained in Para 924 read with Sub-Para (iv) of IREM Vol. I wherein it has been stipulated that when Running Staff are on leave (including Casual Leave), they shall be paid leave salary based on the Basic Pay plus 30% thereof and other Allowances including DA/ADA due on the Basic Pay plus 30% thereof. Reports continued to be received from many zones that the arrears arising out of leave salary as a result of implementation of 7th CPC with effect from 01/01/2016 are not being paid to the Running Staff more particularly the West Central Railway.
In this connection, Federation also invites kind attention of the Railway Board letter No. E(P&A)II-2016/FE.2/5 dated 16/10/2017 (RBE No. 148/2017) wherein instructions were issued for reckoning of 30% pay element for calculation of leave salary on 6th CPC pay, to the Running Staff during the period 0l/01/2016 to 31/08/2008 on raising the issue by NFIR through PNM agenda item No. 57/2016 at the level of Railway Board. Unfortunately, similar instructions have not been issued for payment of leave salary taking into account 30oh of pay element to the Running Staff consequent to implementation of the recommendations of 7th CPC w.e.f. 01/01/2016 with the result running staff are not being paid leave salary on Zonal Railways reckoning 30% pay element on 7th CPC Pay in the absence of Board’s instructions.
NFIR, therefore, requests the Railway Board to consider the above facts and issue suitable instructions to the Zonal Railways for reckoning 30% pay element for payment of leave salary (7th CPC Pay) to the Running Staff w.e.f. 01/01/2016 and onwards. A copy of the instructions may be endorsed to the Federation.
Related to Your Search:
- Denial of Leave Salary duly reckoning 30% of 7th CPC pay for Running Staff: NFIR
- 7th CPC: Payment of leave salary to the running staff after the implementation of 7th CPC recommendations
- Clarification by Railway Board: Reckoning of 30% pay element for the purpose of payment towards leave encashment upto 10 days to running staff
- Payment of 7th CPC Leave Salary to the Running Staff – Railway Employees NFIR
- Non-payment of retirement benefits to the Running Staff retired on or after 01/01/2016
- Non-Grant of Revised Pension (7th CPC) to Pre-2016 Retirees
- Payment of Leave Salary to the Running Staff after implementation of 7th CPC recommendations
- 30% add on pay element to the retiring Loco Inspectors for reckoning pensionary benefits
- Pay element in the case of Loco Inspectors – 30% addition to 7th CPC pay matrix for retirement benefits