Pay Rules / Regulations 2017 for Army / Navy / Air force officers, MNS, JCOs / OR & Equivalent for revision of option to come over to revised pay structure
Defence Revised Pay Structure – 7th pay commission pay scales
Part.I Office Order No.At/09
All CsFA/All Br. AOs
Subject: Pay Rules / Regulations, 2017 for Army /Navy / Air force officers, MNS, JCOs / OR & Equivalent for revision of option to come over to revised pay structure
A copy of Government of India MOD Letter No-1(29)/2017/D (Pay/Service), dated-06/08/2019 on the above subject received vide CGDA No CGDA/ NAVY/03/ Misc-III/2019 dated-20/09/2019, is forwarded herewith for information, guidance and compliance, please.
Enclosure: As above
(Dr. DL Meena, IDAS)
Deputy Controller of Accounts (Fys)
Np.Pay/tech-I/01 (7th CPC), dated 04-11-2019
Also check: Pay Scales for PBORs of Armed Forces
Rules 5 & 6 of pay Rules / Regulations 2017 for Defence personnel regarding exercise of option to come over to the revised pay structure effective from 01.01.2016 as notified by the Pay Rules / Regulations for Defence personnel and to say that the said option was to be exercised within one hundred and eighty days from the date of the notification i.e. 03.05.2017, 30.06.2017 (for NCs(E)) and 14.07.2017 (for MNS), of the said Rules. The Rules 5(4) and 6(4) thereof provides that the option once exercised shall be final.The following pay Rules/Regulations,2017 have been issued for Defence Personnel:
- Army officers pay Rules, 2017.
- Navy officers pay Regulations, 2017.
- Air Force officers pay Rules, 2017.
- Military Nursing service pay Rules, 2017.
- Army pay Rules, 2017.
- Navy pay Regulations, 2017.
- Air Force pay Rules, 2017.
- NCs(E) of Air Force Rules, 2017.
The provisions of Para 3 & 4 of ibid MOF letter is extended to Personnel of Army / Navy / Air Force / MNS / NCs(E) personnel, for relaxation of the stipulation contained in para 6(4) and para-5(4) of Pay Rules / Regulations as mentioned above, who have already exercised their option to come over to the revised pay structure as notified by the Pay Rules / Regulations 2017, shall be permitted to revise their initial option in terms of Rules 5 & 6 thereof. The revised option shall be exercised within a period of one hundred and eighty days from the date of issue of these orders. The option, exercised in terms of these orders shall be final and shall not be liable to any further change under any circumstances. All other terms and conditions laid down in the said Rules 5 & 6 of Pay Rules/ Regulations 2017 shall continue to be applicable.
2. It is obvious that in respect of those personnel of Defence Force who have already exercised their option to come over to the revised pay structure from 01.01.2016 itself or in whose case the revised pay structure took effect from 01.01.2016 and who re-exercise their option under these orders to come over to the revised pay structure from a date subsequent to 01.01.2016 as per Rule 5 of Pay Rules / Regulations mentioned at Para1(a) to (g) above and as per Rule 4 of Pay Rules mentioned at Para-1(h) above, the arrears on account of revised pay already drawn by them from 01.01.2016 up to the date from which they opt to come over to the revised pay structure shall be recovered.
3. This issues with the approval of Ministry of Finance vide their ID No. 3-7/2019-E.IIIA dated 04.06.2019 and concurrence of Defence (Finance) vide their ID No.1(14)2018-AG/158-PA dated 04.07.2019.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Army officers revised pay structure Opportunity for revision
- Date of next increment rule 10 of Army, Air Force, Navy Officers and Military Nursing Service Pay Rules, 2017
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix: Modification of Level-12A and 13 of Defence Pay Matrix
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix for Navy Officers – Pay Amendment Rules 2017
- Rule 10 of Army Officers and Air Force Officers Pay Rules – MoD Orders
- Fixation of pay on promotion from the Date of Next Increment (DNI) in the lower post – Air Force and Navy Pay Regulations 2017
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix for Army Officers – Pay Amendment Rules 2017
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix for Air Force Officers – Pay Amendment Rules 2017
- Defence: option for fixation of pay on promotion from the Date of Next Increment (DNI) in the lower post and method of fixation of pay from DNI