Pay element in the case of Loco Inspectors – 30% addition to 7th CPC pay matrix for refirement benefits
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 110 055
Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers Federation (ITF)
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Pay element in the case of Loco Inspectors – 30% addition to 7th CPC pay matrix for retirement benefits – reg.
Ref: (i) NFIR’s demand in the Board PNM meeting held on 22nd & 23rd December, 2016 for continuance of 55% & 30% pay element on 7th CPC pay matrix levels.
(ii)Railway Board’ s letter No.E(P&A)II-2015/RS-25 dated 24/01/2017.
Pursuant to NFIR’s references and discussions held in the Railway Board PNM meeting on 22nd and 23rd December, 2016, the Railway Board vide letter dated 24/01/2017 has issued instructions to the GMs of Zonal Railways to reckon add-on pay element of 55% on 7th CPC pay matrix levels for calculation of emoluments for the purpose of retirement benefits and 30% for other purposes to the running staff as per IREM provisions and extant instructions.
In the above context, NFIR brings to the notice of the Railway Board that in terms of the extant instructions (Railway Board’s letter No.E(P&A)II/83/RS-10(IV) dated 25/11/1992) contained in para 5.5 of Board’s letter dated 25/11/1992, the running staff deployed as Loco Inspectors are entitled for 30% addition to their basic pay for the purpose of pensionary benefits. Those Loco Inspectors retired/retiring w.e.f. January 2016 are required to be granted retirement benefits with 30% add on to their pay in the 7th CPC pay matrix level, but, however in the absence of Railway Board’s instructions, some Zonal Railways are entertaining doubts and denying benefit of 30%o on revised pay matrix.
NFIR, therefore, requests the Railway Board to issue suitable clarification to the Zonal Railways to ensure 30% addition to the 7th CPC pay matrix of Loco Inspectors for payment of retiral benefits similar to running staff for whom 55% addition is allowed. A copy of the instruction issued may be endorsed to the Federation.
Related to Your Search:
- Pay element relating to Running Staff/Loco Inspectors after the recommendations of 7th CPC
- 30% add on pay element to the retiring Loco Inspectors for reckoning pensionary benefits
- Revision of pension/family pension of Running Staff-reckoning of pay element for revision of pension of pre-2016 retired Loco Inspectors
- NFIR Filling up the posts of Loco Inspectors.
- Non-payment of retirement benefits to the Running Staff retired on or after 01/01/2016
- Non-Grant of Revised Pension (7th CPC) to Pre-2016 Retirees
- Pay element relating to Running Staff after the recommendations of 7th CPC
- Additional Allowance granted to Loco Pilot (Mail), Loco Pilot (Passenger) and Mail Guard for the purpose of computation of retirement benefits to Running Staff
- Payment of arrears arising out of leave salary consequent to the implementation of the report of 7th CPC for the period from 01/01/2016 and onwards – denial of payment on Zonal Railways