Pay and allowances to Armed forces through Family Allotment Money Order
Ministry of Defence
Pay and Allowance to Personnel Posted in Field Areas
27 NOV 2019
The Pay and Allowances of all armed forces personnel are being credited by their respective Pay Accounts Offices into their Bank Account each month, irrespective of their place of posting. These Bank Accounts details are submitted by the Record Office(s) in prescribed bank mandate at the time of their enrolment and kept updated. Now Bank accounts are accessible from anywhere irrespective of the place of opening.
Families of armed forces personnel can access the bank accounts for all purposes as their dependents including additional ATM cards.
Also check: Pay Scales for PBORs of Armed Forces
Besides above, the provision of FAMO (Family Allotment Money Order) is also continuing for armed forces who are posted in field areas, to transfer money to their families by the Pay Accounts Offices (if opted by JCO/ORs & officers).
This information was given by Raksha Rajya Mantri Shri Shripad Naik in a written reply to Smt Rita Bahuguna Joshi in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC Report: Ration Money Allowance should be exempt from Income Tax
- Details of benefits provided to the civilians working in the Defence sector
- Ration Money Allowance by Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) Through Individual Bank Accounts
- 7th CPC: Grant of Ration Money Allowance to Officers of Defence Forces
- Armed forces want higher allowances for ‘hardship’ postings
- Risk Allowance to Central Armed Police Force (CAPF)
- Discrimination in Structure of Military Service Pay – Defence Minister Reply
- Facilities to Defence Personnel
- Granting of Risk / Hardship Allowance to CAPF and CRPF