Parents of Posthumous Unmarried Bravery Awardees to be Extended Facility of Complimentary Card Pass in 1st Class/2nd AC Passes for Freedom Fighters to be Renewed Every 3 Year.
The Union Minister of Railways Shri Pawan Kumar Bansal has announced the extension of the facility of Complimentary Card pass valid in 1st Class/2nd AC to the parents of posthumous unmarried awardees of Maha Vir Chakra, Vir Chakra, Kirti Chakra, Shaurya Chakra, President’s Police Medal for Gallantry and Police Medal for Gallantry.
While presenting the Railways Budget for 2013-14 in Parliament today he announced that Police Gallantry awardees shall now be granted one Complimentary Pass every year for travel along with one companion in 2 AC in Rajdhani/Shatabdi trains.
Shri Bansal also announced that the requirement of renewal of the passes for freedom fighters is being raised to three years. Presently, freedom fighters are required to renew their passes every year which causes inconvenience to many of them in an advanced age.
Related to Your Search:
- Highlights of Railway Budget 2013-14: Central Government Railway Employees
- Enhancement of Pension for Freedom Fighters under the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension Scheme
- Privilege Pass, PTO, Post Retirement Complimentary Pass from next year’s account should be issued 5 months in advance
- Cabinet gives ex post facto approval to enhancement of Pension for Freedom Fighters
- Post Retirement Complimentary Passes (PRCP) to Group ‘D’ employees Retired on or after 1.1.2006
- Enhancement of monetary allowance attached to the Post Independence Gallantry Awards
- Family pension to freedom fighters
- Extending the validity of full/half sets of Privilege Passes, Post Retirement Complimentary Passes, Widow Passes and Privilege Ticket Orders (PTOs)
- Rate of monthly pension paid by the State Government of Tamil Nadu to Freedom Fighters