RBE No. 39/2017
Clarification No. 79
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
No. 2016/E(Sports)/5(1)/12/Rio-Olympic 2016
New Delhi, dated 25.04.2017
The General Managers (P),
All Zonal Railways including
CLW, DLW, ICF, RCF, RWF, Metro Railway/Kolkata,
The CAO(R), DMW/Patiala,
The DG, RDSO/Lucknow.
Sub.: Out-of-Turn Promotions (OTP) to outstanding Sportspersons on sports accounts for representing India in Olympic games.
Ref.: Board’s letters nos. (i) 2010/E (Sports)/4(1)/1 (policy) dated 31.12-2010 (RBE No. 189/2010),
(ii) 2012/E(Sports)/4(1)/3/OTP/DOPT relates 23.05.2013 (RBE No. 50/2013) and clarifications/ corrigendum issued thereto.
Please connect Para 220.127.116.11 (i) & 9.2.11 (i) of Board’s policy letters mentioned above regarding out of turn promotion to outstanding sportspersons for participation in Category-A International Championships i.e. Olympic Games.
Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) have now decided that
- i) Out of turn promotion may be granted in Gazatted post for representing the Country in Olympic Games with at least 4th position;
- ii) Out of turn promotion may be granted for representing the country in Olympic Games, to the next higher grade or the grade to which he/she would be eligible for against direct recruitment, whichever is higher.
In case he/she has already reached apex of the grade, in that scenario, he/she may. He granted five increments (irrespective of any increment granted already), as a special case.
These instructions will also be applicable for Rio Olympics 2016.
These instructions issue with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways (Railway Board).
(Bhaskar Ray Choudhury)
Dy. Director, Estt.(Sports)
Related to Your Search:
- Out of Turn Promotion of sportspersons on sports account in Probation period.
- Out-of-Turn Promotions to Sports persons/coaches for excellence in field for sports – Clarification by Railway Board
- Details of Scheme for Out of Turn Promotion for Sportspersons Announced
- Transfer of sports persons recruited against sports quota from one Railway/ Unit/ Division to another Railway/ Unit/ Division: Railway Board Order RBE No. 58/2014
- Recruitment of sportspersons against Sports Quota and out-of-turn promotion to Railway sportspersons on sports account-modification/changes in policy : RBE No. 98/2016
- Railway Board: Out-of-Turn Promotions (OTP) to outstanding Sports persons on sports accounts
- Recruitment of sportspersons against Sports Quota and out-of-turn promotion to Railway sportspersons on sports account-modification/changes in policy: Railway Board Order
- Recruitment of sportspersons against sports quota
- Scheme of Pension to Meritorious Sportspersons