OROP News: Government to issue notification on One Rank One Pension after Bihar polls – Manohar Parrikar
New Delhi: The notification on One Rank One Pension scheme will be issued “within days” of the Bihar poll process coming to an end as the model code of conduct is currently in place, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said today.
Asked if it would be a Diwali gift to the protesting veterans, he said, “I am trying to have it before Diwali (November 11).”
The counting of votes in Bihar will take place on November 8 but the model code of conduct will remain in place till November 12.
“It (notification) will be issued within days after the Bihar poll process ends,” Parrikar told reporters here.
He said the government did not come out with the notification as the model code of conduct has been in place.
The protesting ex-servicemen had yesterday in a letter signed in blood to Prime Minister Narendra Modi demanded early implementation of OROP scheme.
On the 133rd day of their relay hunger strike at Jantar Mantar here, the veterans said that the announcement made by Parrikar on September 5 regarding the implementation of OROP had “seven serious shortcomings”.
If implemented without the removal of the shortcomings, it will kill the definition of OROP, the letter claimed.
The letter further accused Parrikar of “changing the goalpost” every now and then.
The protesting veterans asked the Prime Minister to issue notification to implement OROP scheme at the earliest.
Indian Ex-Servicemen Movement spokesperson Col (retd) Anil Kaul said the letter was signed in blood by around 200 general officers and others.
Related to Your Search:
- Government to issue OROP notification before Diwali says Parrikar
- Behaviour of ex-servicemen protesting the notification on OROP scheme is “unlike that of a soldier
- Let veterans prove OROP stir is not politically motivated, says Parrikar
- Ex-Servicemen Launch Protest Against One Rank One Pension Notification
- One Rank One Pension (OROP): V K Singh to mediate between ex-servicemen & government
- Paramilitary Forces awaiting government nod for One Rank One Pension OROP
- In One Rank One Pension Rs.8000 Crore Diwal Gift for Veterans-NDTV
- Government has one-week window to work on OROP plan
- One Rank One Pension (OROP) Veterans on fast for full OROP