OROP Anomalies – One member Judicial Committee will submit its report in six months
One member Judicial Committee has been appointed on 14.12.2015 to look into the anomalies arising out of implementation of OROP. The Judicial Committee will submit its report in six months – Defence Minister
Detailed instructions along with OROP tables on implementation of OROP have been issued on 3.2.2016. Considering the requirement for implementation of “One Rank One Pension”, the expenditure ceiling for Defence Pensions in BE 2016-2017 has been increased from Rs.69,876 crores to Rs.82,332.66 crores. Government has received representations from various Ex-Servicemen Associations and beneficiaries regarding anomalies and their dissatisfaction with the order of OROP scheme.
One member Judicial Committee has been appointed on 14.12.2015 to look into the anomalies arising out of implementation of OROP. The Judicial Committee will submit its report in six months.
The following instructions have been issued to Pension Disbursing Agencies(PDAs) for effective implementation of OROP:
- The arrears on account of revision of pension from 01.07.2014 be paid in four equal half yearly instalments. However, family pensioners including those in receipt of Special/Liberalized family pension and all Gallantry award winners shall be paid arrears in one instalment.
- Any required information, if not available in record may be referred to Pension Sanctioning Authority(PSA) concerned who will provide the requisite information from the available records within 15 days to the PDAs.
- In case of any doubt, PDA may immediately take up the matter with nodal officers of respective PSAs, the details of which shall be notified by Pr. CDA(P) Allahabad in their implementation instructions.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri Manohar Parrikar in a written reply to Shri Devajibhai G Fatepara and others in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Implementation of OROP
- Justice Reddy committee on OROP submits report
- Anomalies in OROP : Judicial Committee will submit its report by Dec 2016
- Loksabha – One Rank One Pension (OROP)
- One Rank One Pension (OROP)
- Highlights of OROP Notification
- Government Appoints Justice L Narasimha Reddy to Head Judicial Committee on OROP
- One Rank One Pension – More delay in OROP – Government Gives Six Month Extension to Panel
- OROP Anomalies : Write your views and suggestions to MoD and DESW