Besides, the Centre has decided that all Pension Payment Orders (PPOs) will be digitised.
Addressing a conference of pensioners association, Union Minister Jitendra Singh suggested an institutionalised mechanism to make good use of the knowledge, experience and efforts of retired employees which can help in the value addition to the current scenario.
“All central ministries and departments will be linked to the online Pension Sanction and Payment Tracking System Bhavishya very soon,” he said.
With this step, the pension release will be expedited and it will also help in quick resolution of pending issues, the Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, said.
Singh said India has a large number of pensioners and to make best use of them is a “challenge”.
“Retired employees are a healthy and productive workforce for India and we need to streamline and channelise their energies in a productive direction. We should learn from the pensioners’ experience,” he said addressing the 28th Standing Committee of Voluntary Agencies (SCOVA) here.
Singh said that a focused approach and emphatic attitude need to be developed towards the pensioners.
Earlier, C Viswanath, the Secretary, Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare, and Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, directed that the Pension Payment Order (PPOs) sbe digitised.
The online Pension Sanction and Payment Tracking System Bhavishya’ has introduced transparency and accountability into the pension sanction and payment process, thereby helping eliminate delays and bring satisfaction to the retiring employees and pensioners.
The system keeps retiring employees and administration informed of the progress of pension sanction process through SMS and e-mail.
In the year 2015-16, the scheme was scaled up and will eventually cover all 9,000 Drawing and Disbursal Offices (DDOs) in the country, the Secretary added.
Related to Your Search:
- Processing of Pension cases mandatorily through Bhavishya (Online Pension Sanction & Payment Tracking System) w.e.f 01/01/2017
- Dr Jitendra Singh says all Central Ministries & Departments to be linked to the online Pension Sanction and Payment Tracking System Bhavishya soon
- “BHAVISHYA” Pension Sanction and Payment Tracking System Launched on Pilot Basis
- BHAVISHYA – Pension Sanction & Payment Tracking System
- Mandatorily process all pension cases online: Government to departments
- No proposal to do away with the existing procedure of Submitting annual life certificate
- DoE – Development of electronic system for processing and authorizing the pension through Bhavishya and PFMS
- Retiring Employees Can Check their PPO Status online
- Interactive Conference with Secretaries (Pension) of State Governments