Online generation and recording of APAR on SPARROW for all Organised Group ‘A’ services – Extension of timelines for completion of APAR for the year 2016-17.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel. Public Grievances and Pension
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi – 110001
Dated the 13th June 2017
Subject: Online generation and recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) on SPARROW (Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Window) for all Organised Group ‘A’ services – Extension of timelines for completion of APAR for the year 2016-17.
As all the Cadre Controlling Authorities of Organised Group ‘A’ Services are aware that it has been decided to implement online generation and recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) of officers under their cadre from the reporting year 2016-17, through SPARROW platform.
2. Some of the Cadre Controlling Authorities have intimated practical difficulties in switching over from manual to online mode of recording of APARs. In view of this, the cadre authorities have expressed apprehensions that target dates prescribed in DoPT O.M.No.21011/02/2009-Estt.(A) dated 23rd July, 2009 may not be met and have requested for extension of timelines.
3. The matter has been examined in this Department and it has been decided that the target dates prescribed in O.M. dated 23rd July, 2009 be relaxed as one time measure only for online generation, filling up self-appraisal, reporting, reviewing and acceptance of APAR for the year 2016-17 through SPARROW portal. The revised target dates for recording of APAR online for the year 2016-17 is enclosed as Annexure. This relaxation is subject to the condition that no remarks shall be recorded in the APAR for the year 2016-17 after 31.12.2017. Where the reporting, reviewing and the accepting authority fail to record their comments within the time frame, the officer may be assessed on the basis of the overall record and self-assessment for the year, if he has submitted his self-assessment within stipulated time.
4. This has the approval of Secretary, DoPT.
Annexure to Do PT O.M. No.21011/02/2015-Est(A-II)-Part II dated 13th June 2017
Time schedule for generation and recording of APAR for the year 2016-17 through SPARROW web portal.
|S.No.||Activity||Date by which to be completed|
|1.||Submission of self-appraisal to the reporting officer.||31st July, 2017|
|3.||Forwarding of report by reporting officer to reviewing officer||16th August, 2017|
|4.||Forwarding of report by Reviewing Officer to Administration/APAR Cell or the accepting authority (wherever provided)||31st August, 2017|
|5.||Appraisal by accepting authority, wherever provided||15th September, 2017|
|6.||(i) Disclosure of APAR to the officer reported upon where there is no accepting authority||10th September, 2017|
|(ii) Disclosure of APAR to the officer reported upon where there is accepting authority||25th September, 2017|
|7.||Receipt of representation, if any, on APAR||15 days from the date of communication|
|8.||Forwarding of representation to the competent authority|
|(i) where there is no accepting authority for APAR||30th September, 2017|
|(ii) Where there is accepting authority for APAR||31st October, 2017|
|9.||Disposal of representation by the competent authority||Within one month of the date of receipt of representation by the competent authority|
|10.||Communication of the decision of the competent authority on the representation by the APAR Cell||Within 15 days of finalization of decision by competent authority.|
|11.||End of entire APAR process, after which the APAR will be finally taken on record||31st December 2017|
Related to Your Search:
- DoPT: Online generation and recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR)
- Online generation and recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) on SPARROW for CSS & CSSS Group A officers – Extension of timelines for completion of APAR for the financial year 2017-18.
- DoPT Order – Online generation and recording of APAR on SPARROW of Group ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ officers
- DoPT – Introduction of SPARROW for all the cadre of CSS, CSSS and CSCS – extension of timelines for completion of APAR online on SPARROW portal for the year 2018-19
- Further Extension of timelines for Recording of APAR 2019-20 SPARROW
- Extension of timelines for recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) of Group A, B and C officer of Central Civil Services for the year 2019-2020 – DoPT
- Relaxation and extension of timelines for recording of PAR for the year 2018-19 electronically in respect of AIS Officers on account of their engagement on duty in connection with the ongoing General Elections
- Online submission of APARs by officers of MoD for the Assessment Year 2019-2020
- DoPT: Recording of Annual Performance Appraisal Report – APAR for the financial year 2017-18 in respect of CSS and CSSS officers – ALERT