Transport Allowance to Central Govt Employees
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi.
Dated the 11 February 2021.
Subject: One-time relaxation of the condition regarding exercising of option for admissibility of official car or in lieu of that Transport Allowance at higher rates during COVID-19 pandemic.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. No. 21/5/2017- E.1I(B) dated 07.07.2017 regarding grant of Transport Allowance to Central Government employees wherein in Para 2 (iv) conditions have been mentioned for exercising of option for admissibility of official car or in lieu of that Transport Allowance at higher rates in respect of officers in Pay Level 14 and above.
- several references are being received in this Department seeking relaxation regarding change of option as some officers preferred their own car in place of the official car due to ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and opted to draw Transport Allowance. After a change in the circumstances, these officers want to revert back to the facility of the official car.
- The matter has been considered in this Department and in view of the peculiar circumstances arisen due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it has been decided to allow one-time relaxation of the condition mentioned in para 2 (iv) of this Department’s O.M. dated 07.07.2017 for exercising of option for availing official car in respect of officers in Pay Level 14 and above. Such relaxation shall be allowed in respect of only those officers who changed their options during the period from 1st April 2020 to 31st December 2020 subject to the condition that they attended the office during the period.
- This is issued with the approval of the Secretary (Expenditure.)
Hindi version is attached. (I),
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance is granted to Central Government employees during Nationwide Lockdown due to Covid-19 pandemic – DoE
- Payment of Transport Allowance to Railway Employees working from home for entire calendar month(s) in view of COVID-19 Pandemic
- Transport Allowance (TPTA) : Report of the Committee on Allowances
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance to Railway Employees for the month of April 2020. AIRF writes to Railway Board
- Clarification on admissibility of Transport Allowance in the eases where the officers are drawing Grade Pay of Rs.10,000/- in PB-4
- Quarantine leave provision due to pandemic situation – Re-introduction – NFIR
- One time relaxation for retention of railway accommodation in view of Novel Coronavirus COVID-19
- Transport Related Allowances to Defence Personnel
- Implementation of CCS (RP) Rules 2016-Exercising of option for fixation of pay Ministry of Defence