One Rank One Pension Scheme
Around 3200 representations for addressing the anomalies on One Rank One Pension (OROP) were received from individuals / Associations which were examined and issues referred to the Judicial Committee on OROP for its recommendations. The Committee has submitted its report on 26.10.2016.
Pension Grievances Cell in the Department is receiving grievances of the pensioners / family pensioners regarding non-payment of OROP benefits and taking up the matter with the concerned offices e.g. Controller General of defence Accounts (CGDA), Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pension) and Pension Disbursing Agencies (Banks) for redressal of their grievances in a time-bound manner. Service Headquarters and CGDA also have dedicated grievances Directorates / Cells for redressal of the grievances of Ex-Servicemen. Disposal of the grievance is monitored at the highest level in the Government.
Annual Financial implication on account of grant of OROP is estimated at Rs. 7,488.70 Crore and Rs. 10,925.11 Crore towards arrears for the period of 01.07.2014 to 31.12.2015.
The status of payment to the Defence Forces Pensioners / Family Pensioners on account of implementation of OROP order, as on 27.02.2017 are as under:-
|No. of cases paid (1st instalment and lump sum payments)||Amount disbursed
(Rs. in crore)
|No. of cases paid 2nd instalment||Amount disbursed
(Rs. in crore)
As per Government order dated 07.11.2015 on OROP, the pension would be re-fixed every 5 years.
Personnel who opt to get discharged after 07.11.2015 on their own request under Rule 13(3)1(i)(b), 13(3)1(iv) or Rule 16B of the Army Rule 1954 or equivalent Navy or Air Force Rules will not be entitled to the benefits of OROP.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Dr. Subhash Bhamre in a written reply to Shri Mullappally Ramachandran and others in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- One Rank One Pension (OROP)
- Redressing Grievances of Ex-Servicemen over OROP
- Latest news on One Rank One Pension : In future pension would be re-fixed every 5 year
- One Rank One Pension (OROP) implementation order, tables issued
- Government order on One Rank One Pension: Salient features of the OROP
- Rajya Sabha Q&A : Re-fixation of pension under One Rank One Pension
- OROP Table : One Rank One Pension (OROP) implementation tables issued
- OROP Arrears is expected to be released by March end to family pensioners
- State Bank of India released arrears worth Rs 1,465 crore to 7.75 lakh defence pensioners under One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme