One Rank One Pension (OROP) implementation order, tables issued
The annual recurring financial implication of One Rank One Pension at the current rate will be approximately Rs 7,500 crore, the government said today as it issued detailed instructions for the scheme.
The government also issued OROP Tables which said that the arrears from July 1, 2014 to December 31, 2015 would be approximately Rs 10,900 crore.
86 per cent of the total expenditure on account of OROP will benefit the Junior Commissioner Officers and other ranks.
The total increase in the defence budget for pensions is estimated to go up from Rs 54,000 crore (BE 2015-16) to around Rs 65,000 crore (proposed BE 2016-17), thereby increasing the defence pension outlay by about 20 per cent.
The government order said that the payment of arrears and revision of pension under OROP is to be made by the Pension Disbursing Authorities in four instalments, except for family pensioners and pensioners in receipt of gallantry awards who will be paid arrears in one instalment.
The government had in November last year taken the historic decision to implement OROP, “fulfilling” the long standing demand of defence personnel after 42 years.
The move that will benefit over 18 lakh ex-servicemen and war widows had been rejected by a section of the veterans who are still protesting saying there are a number of “lacunae” in the scheme.
Related to Your Search:
- OROP Table : One Rank One Pension (OROP) implementation tables issued
- OROP: Ex-servicemen vow to continue agitation
- State Bank of India released arrears worth Rs 1,465 crore to 7.75 lakh defence pensioners under One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme
- OROP PENSION TABLES FOR DEFENCE PERSONNEL – PENSION TABLE FOR REGULAR COMMISSIONED OFFICERS
- Defence Pension – Implement of OROP to Defence Forces Pensioners / Family Pensioners – PIB News
- Highlights of OROP Notification
- One Rank One Pension Arrears Table for various Ranks of Defence Pensioners
- OROP Arrears is expected to be released by March end to family pensioners
- One Rank One Pension gets ex-post facto Cabinet nod