One Rank One Pension: Meeting of Military veterans with Parrikar inconclusive, threaten to go on hunger strike
The talks between ex-servicemen and Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar over the One Rank One Pension scheme failed today after which the retired defence personnel decided to go ahead with their planned rally on June 14 followed by a relay hunger strike to protest the long delay in implementation of the scheme.
“Though Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar understood our problem and argument, he did not give any date for the implementation of the OROP and hence we are going ahead with our agitation,” Maj Gen Satbir Singh, chairman of Indian Ex-Servicemen Movement (IESM) told PTI.
He twice led a delegation of ex-servicemen today at meetings with Parrikar and Army chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag.
Singh said he has complete faith in Prime Minister Narendra Modi and hoped that the OROP will be implemented soon.
The ex-servicemen group has also written a letter to Modi seeking his intervention to meet their long-pending demand.
At a conclave of the retired defence personnel today, it was decided that they will call off their proposed agitation if the Minister gave a deadline of July 15 for the implementation of the OROP.
Read at Financial Express
PM Modi is committed to ‘one rank one pension’ scheme: Defence expert
New Delhi: Defence expert Lieutenant General (retired) Raj Kadyan on Saturday said the one-rank, one-pension (OROP) scheme which has been long pending would be resolved soon.
“The Prime Minister is committed, we have no doubt it will come. Now, it is stuck because somebody is trying to play around with the definition which we had worked out after careful thought. It was very simple, only two parameters were to be taken into account, rank and total service,” Lieutenant General (retired) Kadyan said.
“If you inject anything else which will be neither fair nor will it be easy to implement. So, we are going to sit with the people who have worked it out. Let us see how it is resolved. I have great confidence that we will be able to resolve it,” he added. [Read at Zee News]
Related to Your Search:
- Good news soon on One Rank One Pension (OROP): Parrikar
- Subramanian Swamy raises one-rank one-pension issue with Manohar Parrikar
- Ex-servicemen meet Army chief to settle One Rank One Pension
- UFESM expected a date for implementation of OROP
- One Rank, One Pension proposal this week
- OROP News: Government to issue notification on One Rank One Pension after Bihar polls – Manohar Parrikar
- Latest news on OROP – Delegates of NeXCC discussing the OROP issue with Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- Expedition Process of OROP
- Small issues in OROP will be dealt in future: Defence Minister