One Rank One Pension Formula May Be Similar to MP’s Pension Plan
New OROP formula may be similar to MPs’ pension plan
NEW DELHI: The government is working on a fresh option to resolve the ongoing stand-off over ‘one-rank-one-pension’ demand of ex-servicemen, sources said on Thursday.
According to a senior government official, they are working on a proposal that would be similar to the pension scheme for MPs. The scheme operates on a band concept, with additional money for each additional year of service.-
The proposal is to create pension bands for each rank, and then provide additional money for each extra year of service. So all officers who retire in a particular rank will be in the same band of pension, with the total pension payment going up according to the number of years he has spent in that rank.
“We are working out the fine details,” one source said. Senior government officials are thrashing out the finer details, and it would be presented to the representatives of ex-servicemen and the military brass.
The latest move comes even as ex-servicemen are continuing with their protests against what they feel is a huge let down by the Narendra Modi government, which had come to power promising to implement the OROP scheme.
Ex-servicemen, some of whom have begun to boycott government functions, are planning a major rally in New Delhi on June 14 to protest against the government failure to fulfil the promise.
Click to read more at Times of India
Related to Your Search:
- Enforce ‘One Rank One Pension’, Say Ex-Servicemen
- Good news soon on One Rank One Pension (OROP): Parrikar
- One Rank One Pension – Modi may announce Ex-servicemen’s long-pending demand later this month
- Subramanian Swamy raises one-rank one-pension issue with Manohar Parrikar
- Implementation of One Rank One Pension scheme: Govt Statement on 08.07.2014 in Rajya Sabha
- Arun Jaitley on OROP – Annual pension revision do not happen anywhere in the world
- Govt reply on CAPF’s demands regarding One Rank One Pension and Ex-Servicemen Status
- One Rank One Pension – Ex-servicemen launch nationwide stir
- Pension Scheme for Military Personnel and Financial Assistance from Raksha Mantri’s Discretionary Fund (RMDF): Lok Sabha Q&A