One Rank One Pension announcement likely on Friday (28.8.2015)
“There is speculation that an OROP announcement could come as early as Friday, August 28, the 50th anniversary of the 1965 war with Pakistan”.
OROP – Fasting protesters admitted to the hospital
Retired servicemen from the armed forces are on a fast-until-death protest at New Delhi’s Jantar Mantar, demanding the implementation of One Rank One Pension scheme.
One of the protesters is Retired Colonel Pushpender Singh, who has been fasting for eight days. His health condition worsened and he was examined by a doctor who said that he had to be rushed immediately to the hospital. The former Colonel was taken to the military hospital.
He was replaced by Saheb Singh at the protest. Major Singh and Ashok Chauhan are the other protestors who are fasting until death for the implementation of One Rank One Pension.
Prior to being rushed to the hospital, Pushpender Singh said, “I don’t want to go to the hospital, but I’m forced to because the doctors are worried that it might affect the functioning of my brain. I shall resume my fast after my discharge from the hospital.”
Related to Your Search:
- One Rank One Pension: Government veterans close to a deal?
- OROP Row: Ex-servicemen may accept government terms: Asian Age News
- Group of ex-servicemen decides to boycott government functions: One Rank One Pension
- Ex-Servicemen Launch Protest Against One Rank One Pension Notification
- Announcement on One Rank One Pension likely soon, says union minister
- One Rank One Pension Announcement of Implementation Expected in 4 to 8 weeks
- One Rank One Pension: Meeting of Military veterans with Parrikar inconclusive, threaten to go on hunger strike
- OROP: UFESM plans to return 10000 gallantry medals to PM
- One Rank One Pension (OROP) Veterans on fast for full OROP