one rank one pension announcement of implementation expected in 4 to 8 weeks
For many ex-servicemen the wait has been a long one. Their demand and fight for One Rank One Pension will become a reality soon.
Sources tell OneIndia that the defence ministry is working over time to ensure that the same is implemented in quick time. Manohar Parrikar, the defence minister of India was recently quoted as saying that the announcement of its implementation would be made in 4 to 8 weeks.
Significance of OROP
It is an equal demand for pensions. If an officer has retired last year and there is an increase in the pensions the following year owing to enhancements by the pay commissions then it is implemented only prospectively. Basically if an officer has retired in 1990 in the current scenario he is not entitled for an enhanced pension if the same is implemented during the later years. The argument has been that the pension for officers of the same rank should remain the same at all times. This the ex servicemen had demanded as the costs of living was going up and the hike in pensions should benefit all and not just those who have recently retired.
Read more at: http://www.oneindia.com/
Related to Your Search:
- OROP: One Rank One Pension Scheme should be implemented with in six weeks – Hon’ble Supreme Court
- One Rank One Pension Accepted by Central Government – OROP
- Good news soon on One Rank One Pension (OROP): Parrikar
- Enforce ‘One Rank One Pension’, Say Ex-Servicemen
- One Rank One Pension : A new wave of expectation rises; Announcements expected in 48 hours
- One Rank-One Pension (OROP) formula has since been implemented or not..? Question raised today in Parliament
- Why BJP supports Ex-Servicemen’s demand : ‘One Rank One Pension’
- Implementation of One Rank One Pension scheme: Govt Statement on 08.07.2014 in Rajya Sabha
- OROP: Why ex-servicemen continue to protest