Observe Work Life Balance – AIBOC/AIBOA/INBOC/NOBO
“It has been decided to call upon all our Officers not to attend/respond to the ‘official’ SMS/WhatsApp messages, received from their Controlling Authority/Zonal Heads between 8pm and 8am”
JOINT APPEAL TO ALL MEMBERS FROM FOUR OFFICERS’ ORGANISATIONS ON WORK – LIFE BALANCE
ALL INDIA BANK OFFICERS’ CONFEDERATION (AIBOC)
ALL INDIA BANK OFFICERS’ ASSOCIATION (AIBOA)
INDIAN NATIONAL BANK OFFICERS’ CONGRESS (INBOC)
NATIONAL ORGANISATION OF BANK OFFICERS (NOBO)
Date: 29th September, 2018
All Affiliates (For Circulation)
All Affiliates of AIBOC/AIBOA/INBOC/NOBO
Observe Work-Life-Balance, in letter and spirit
You are aware that the officers fraternity has been subjected to enormous stress due to ever increasing workload, inadequate staff, continuous pressure from multifarious controllers, over-ambitious targets, mis-placed business priorities, extended working hours et al. This has taken a heavy toll on the efficiency level and is the root cause of frustration and anxiety disorder resulting in depression, helplessness and life-style diseases viz Diabetes, High BP and Cardiac problems etc. Officers are constantly receiving SMS and instructions over WhatsApp messages even at odd hours. This has adversely affected their social and family life. Banking system has forgotten that an Officer is just not an employee of the Bank, but also a spouse/son/father/mother and an integral part of society. This situation has become intolerable as we find Officers are virtually chained to their official duties and have no respite, even while at home.
Work-Life-Balance is the need of the hour. Many top global companies are addressing this sensitive issue through various measures. State Bank of India has issued a comprehensive instruction addressing the need for a Work-life balance. However, the ground reality almost in every institution is that majority of the officers are stressed and do not have a work-life balance, which is attributed specially to the instructions received through SMS and WhatsApp.
All four officers organisations have unanimously decided to address this menace. It has been decided to call upon all our Officers not to attend/respond to the ‘official’ SMS/WhatsApp messages, received from their Controlling Authority/Zonal Heads between 8pm and 8am.
We urge upon our members to respond to our clarion call and implement the instructions in letter and spirit forthwith.
General Secretary – AIBOC
General Secretary – AIBOA
General Secretary – INBOC
General Secretary – NOBO
Related to Your Search:
- Small Committee Meeting held at Mumbai at IBA Office on 18/08/2018
- Notice of Strike by UFBU on 18th December 2013
- Strike by Bank Employees on 18th December 2013 – IBA Notice
- 11th Bipartite settlement next meeting date on 29th Sept 2018
- COVID-19 TREATMENT OF PAYMENT / REIMBURSEMENT OF HOSPITAL EXPENDITURE MADE BY THE BANK MANAGEMENT – FOR TAX PURPOSE
- Bipartite Wage settlement – INTRODUCTION OF 5 DAY WORKING WEEK IN BANKS
- Bank Employees Wage Revision – UFBU Meeting 12.12.2018
- All India Bank Officers Association presents Pay & Arrears Calculator for Bank Officers
- Bipartite talks on 22 July 2020 – Bank issues like Merger of Special Allowance with Basic Pay