Observance of “Joy of Giving Week” between 2nd and 8th of October, 2016-Appeal to officers and staff members.
F. No. 385/ 17/2016-IT (B)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Central Board of Direct Taxes
New Delhi, Dated: 15.09.2016
All Principal Chief Commissioners of Income Tax
All Principal Directors General of Income Tax
Subject: – Observance of “Joy of Giving Week” between 2nd and 8th of October, 2016-Appeal to officers and staff members.
I am directed to say that it has been decided that the Income Tax Department will observe the week between 2nd October and 8th October, 2016 as “Joy of Giving Week”, to commemorate Gandhi Jayanti.
In this regard kindly find attached an “Appeal” issued by CBDT to all officers and staff members of Income Tax Department for giving wide circulation in your Region.
This issues with the approval of Chairperson (CBDT).
A P P E A L
It has been decided that the Income Tax Department will observe the week between 2nd October and 8th October, 2016 as “Joy of Giving Week”, to commemorate Gandhi Jayanti.
During this week, the officers and staff members of the Department are encouraged to donate clothes, toys, books and other useful items to people in need or to credible/ deserving charitable organizations. They may also do voluntary work with any charitable organization engaged in promotion of local causes. During this period, all the office buildings of the Department may put banners at visible locations displaying the following message:
Joy of Giving Week,
2nd to 8th October, 2016
Related to Your Search:
- Wednesdays as a ‘Public Meeting Day’ for hearing public grievances
- Massive Dharna Warning Week from 16 to 19 September, 2019 AIRF
- Observance of Protest Week from 12th to 16th December 2016 by NFIR’s affiliates
- Observance of Demands Week – 24th to 27th May 2017 on pending demands of Central Governments Employees
- Officers and employees of the MHA and DoPT observes Vigilance Awareness Week
- All India Demands Day on 13.10.2015 – AIRF
- Public Holidays 2015 for Banks – Government Notification for Delhi, Daman&Diu, Bihar, Gujarat, Kerala, West Bengal etc..
- Railways Observes Vigilance Awareness Week 2012
- VRS applied officer should take decisions of sensitive nature with approval of next higher authority: CBDT