Mobile Connection in the Country
Service Area-wise total Number of Wireless Subscribers as on February 2013…
|Sl.No||Service Area||Wireless Subscribers|
|8||Jammu & Kashmir||67,50,645|
|19||Tamilnadu including Chennai||7,18,11,035|
|20||Uttar Pradesh (East)||7,31,22,951|
|21||Uttar Pradesh (West)||4,84,81,217|
Details of wireless subscribers of BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) and MTNL (Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited) as on 28.02.2013 are as follows:
|Service Provider||No of Subscribers||%age of total wireless connections|
- Additions, capacity augmentation and upgradation of Base Transceiver Stations (BTSs).
- Optimization of radio network and drive tests.
- Close monitoring of network operation through IT (Information Technology) enabled systems.
- Introduction of effective Network Management System.
Related to Your Search:
- Post Offices Exchanged Notes Worth Rs 3,680 Crore Till Dec 7
- BSNL MTNL Merger – Union Cabinet approved the proposal of BSNL and MTNL
- Minimum speed of BSNL Landline Broadband will be 2Mbps from 1.9.2015
- DoT further simplifies the process for linking of Aadhaar with mobile number
- 27,000 MTNL staff to retire in next ten years
- BSNL clears employees salaries in February 2019
- Pensionary benefits to the employees of BSNL and MTNL
- Disbursement of pensionary benefits to all the combined service pension optee absorbed employees of Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL)
- Proof of Concept (PoC) of Alternate Digital KYC Process for issuing new mobile connections to subscribers