NPS payment for GDS employees in Premature exit will be settled within 3 months – Department Of Posts
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110001
Dated : 16.08.2019
Subject : Implementation of recommendation of Kamlesh Chandra Committee in case of premature exit from GDS post.
I am directed to say that Kamlesh Chandra Committee recommended vide para 18.48.5 that, in case of premature exit from GDS post, the sanction for payment or transfer of due amount to NPS as the case may should be issued by the competent authority within 3 months from the date of relief from the GDS post.
2. The matter has been examined and following orders are issued:-
(a) All DDOs/DA(P)s should ensure to take up the case with NSDL for payment of due amount to NPS Lite well in advance along with all required/supporting documents and claim forms.
(b) All DDOs/DA(P)s must ensure that GDS is fulfilling all the terms and conditions applicable for grant of due amount to NPS Lite at the time of processing of claims for premature exit withdrawal.
(c) All DDOs/DA(P)s will ensure that in case of premature exit from GDS post by a GDS, the sanction for payment or transfer of due amount to NPS Lite, as the case may be, is issued by the competent authority within 3 months from the date of discharge from the GDS post.
(d) In no case should payment of due amount to NPS Lite be delayed beyond 3 months from the date of discharge from the GDS post.
3. The above instruction will come into effect from the date of issue of this O.M.
4. Hindi version will follow.
Assistant Director General (GDS/PCC)
Tele No. 011-23096629
Related to Your Search:
- GDS – Kamlesh Chandra Committee on Limited Transfer Facility for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks
- GDS: Limited Transfer Facility for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks – Recommendation of Kamlesh Chandra Committee
- GDS: Maximum 5 Days Emergency Leave for Gramin Dak Sevaks
- Reactivation of PRAN post exit from NPS
- Department of Posts: Regarding premature closure of RD/TD/MIS accounts
- Service Discharge Benefit Scheme for Gramin Dak Sevaks
- Transfer Facility for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS)
- GDS Kamlesh Chandra Committee Recommendations will be implemented soon – Minister replied in Parliament on 27th December, 2017
- GDS Committee Report: Key Recommendations of Kamlesh Chandra Committee