Railway Board has issued a letter regarding non cooperation of Railway Staff during Central Vigilance Commission.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA/BHARAT SARKAR
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS/RAIL MANTRALAYA
New Delhi, dt. 27.01.2015
The SDGMs ICVO’s
All Indian Railways
Zonal Railways have made references from time to time regarding non-cooperation by Railway staff during vigilance checks, thereby impeding the work of vigilance officials.
Preventive checks, carried out by vigilance organization, are mandated in order to monitor the working of the Railway organization. Investigating Inspectors of Vigilance organisation are empowered to call for documents, record statements and if need be, ask any railway official for assistance during the check.
Non-cooperation during the vigilance checks is viewed seriously and may also give rise to suspicion for helping the guilty get away. Instructions as laid down vide L.No.2010/V-l/PC/1/1 dated 09.07.2010 & No.2007/V-1/VP/1/9 dated 20.02.2008 are enclosed for ready reference. Hence all concerned officials may be sensitized to extend full cooperation during vigilance checks. It should be explained to them that it would be in their interests to disclose the cash and contents of their bags/wallets/pockets etc as and when required, so that any resistance on this account is not interpreted as non-cooperation.
This issues with the approval the competent authority.
Encl: as above.
Director Vigilance [Mech.] Railway Board
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
No.201 O/V-1/PC/1 /1
New Delhi, dated 09-07-2010
The General Managers
CR, ER, ECR, ECOR, NR, NCR, NER, NFR, NWR, SR, SCR, SER, SECR, SWR; WR, WCR, CLW, DLW, ICF, RCF, RWF, CORE, METRO & NF (Constn.)
Chief Administrative Officers
IRICEN, IRISET & IRITM. IRIEEN; IRIMEE
ROSO and RSC
Sub : Cooperation with Vigilance team in discharge of its duty during conduct of preventive check.
Instances nave come to notice that during Preventive Checks conducted by teams from the Vigilance Directorate of Railway Board, full cooperation is not being extended by the officials of zonal Railways, for eliciting requisite information and collecting relevant documents, thereby, hampering smooth and effective working by the Vigilance officials
2. It may be mentioned that Investigating Inspectors of the Vigilance Directorate of Railway Board are authorized to enter any of the Railway offices, record statements of the officials concerned, who are expected to render them all possible assistance in the proper discharge of their official duties. They are also empowered to seize all relevant documents against issue of proper ‘Seizure Memo’.
3. As preventive checks are an effective way of monitoring the system, there is a need to extend full cooperation by the officials of the concerned Zonal Railways to the Vigilance team conducting the check, by providing them requisite information, documents etc. This will go a long way in strengthening the vigilance administration.
4. This letter supercedes Board’s letter No.2007N1/PC/1/1 dated 254.2007 (RBV No 04/2007)
Director Vigilance (M)
Related to Your Search:
- Railway Rotational Transfer of officials working in Sensitive Posts
- Attendance of Central Government Officials – Order of the Railway Board on Preventive Steps to Stop Coronavirus Spread
- Cabinet approves agreement with Germany on Railways
- Strengthening of Safety Organization at Zonal and Divisional Level – Railway Board
- Railways Observes Vigilance Awareness Week 2012
- Maintenance of uniform proforma for Post based rosters on all the Zonal Railways
- Spot Check of Pension Payments by Pension Disbursing Banks
- Admissibility of Dearness Relief to pensioners on absorption in PSUs/ employed family pensioners
- Misuse of Railway Complimentary Card Passes (CCPs)