Nomination of Area Welfare Officers for the calendar years 2015 and 2016- regarding.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market
New Delhi, dated 1st September, 2015
Subject: Nomination of Area Welfare Officers for the calendar years 2015 and 2016- regarding.
The undersigned is directed to say that the Department of Personnel & Training nominates Gazetted Officers as Area Welfare Officers (A WOs) for residential colonies to look after the welfare of Central Government Employees and their families. Area Welfare Officer is only a functional arrangement to provide a link between the Central
Government employees residing in various colonies and the concerned civic and other agencies providing service to them. The Area Welfare Officer serve as a vital link between the Government and residents in various matters relating to the welfare of
Government employees residing in various colonies. The functions of A WOs are official in nature and are performed by them on honorary and voluntary basis. A list of functions of Area Welfare Officer is enclosed at Annexure-I. The Area Welfare Officers are
entitled to use office stationery and service postage stamps etc. for discharging their duties as AWO. They are allowed to leave office, with prior permission, for meeting the civic/police authorities for solving the problems of the residents of their localities.
2. A list of Area Welfare Officer appointed by the Department of Personnel & Training so far is at Annexure-II. Since some of the areas which have concentration of Government Employees have no Area Welfare Officer, the Department of Personnel & Training invites applications from the Officers for these area, who are willing to work in honorary and voluntary capacity, as Area Welfare Officers duly recommended by the Department/administrative authority concerned. The application must reach the undersigned before 20.09.2015. A format for application is also enclosed. Criteria for selection of A WO are enclosed at Annexure-III. Only those officers who are willing to function as Area Welfare Officer and can spare time for welfare work will be considered for nomination.
3. The tenure of the Area Welfare Officers will be upto 31.12.2016 or till the services are required by the Govt. whichever is earlier. The applicant should not be an office bearer of Central Government Employees or any other Residents Welfare Association. Further, officers seeking appointment as A WO should preferably have a residential telephone. No telephone/reimbursement of Telephone rent, facility will be available to A WO nominated by DOPT.
Tele No. 24624722
Related to Your Search:
- Nomination of Area Welfare Officers (AWOs) for the calendar years 2019 and 2020
- Nomination of Area Welfare Officers for the calendar years 2013 and 2014 for Delhi / New Delhi and Outside Delhi
- Dopt Orders : Nomination of Area Welfare Officers – Additional charge
- Nomination of Area Welfare Officers for the calendar years 2013 and 2014 regarding
- Dopt Orders 2013 : Nomination of Area Welfare Officers for the calendar years 2013 and 2014 for Delhi / New Delhi
- Review of Model constitution and Rule and Regulations for the Residents Welfare Associations recognised by the government of India, Department of Personnel and Training
- CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES’ WELFARE COORDINATION COMMITTEES
- Central Government Employees Residents Welfare Association
- Acceptance of election results for the block years 2015-17 for Central Government Employees Residents Welfare Association