Dopt Orders 2013 : Nomination of Area Welfare Officers for the calendar years 2013 and 2014 for Delhi / New Delhi and Outside Delhi.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension
Department of Personnel & Training
Room No.361, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated the 25th March 2013
Subject: Nomination of Area Welfare Officers for the calendar years 2013 and 2014 for Delhi / New Delhi and Outside Delhi.
The Department of Personnel & Training nominates Gazetted Officers as Area Welfare Officers (AWOs) for residential colonies to look after the welfare of Central Govt. employees and their families residing in these colonies. This Department invites fresh applications from all Ministries/Departments of Government of India for the areas indicated in the enclosed list. As stated in OM of even no.dated 15-10-2012 calling for applications for nomination as AWO, an AWO is only a functional arrangement to provide a link between the Central Government employees residing in various colonies and the concerned civic and other agencies providing service to them. A list of functions of AWO is enclosed. The functions of AWOs are official in nature and are performed by them on honorary and on a voluntary basis. Only those officers who are willing to function as AWO and can spare time for welfare work will be considered for nomination. The AWO serves as a vital link between the Government and residents in various matters relating to the welfare of Government employees residing in various colonies.
2. The tenure of the AWOs shall be for a period of two years (commencing from the date of appointment and upto 31-12-2014) or till the services are required by the Government whichever is earlier. The AWOs are entitled to use office stationery and service postage stamps etc. for discharging their duties as AWO. They are allowed to leave office, with prior permission, for meeting the civic/police authorities for solving the problems of the residents of their localities.
3. The applicant should however, not be an office bearer of Central Government employees or any other Residents Welfare Association. Further, officers seeking appointment as AWO should preferably have a residential telephone. No telephone / reimbursement of Telephone rent, facility will be admissible to AWO nominated by DOPT.
4. Applications from those officers, who are willing to work in honorary and voluntary capacity, as Area Welfare Officers may be forwarded duly recommended by the authority concerned in the Department/administration and must reach the undersigned within 15 days from the date of issue of this Office Memorandum. A format for application is also enclosed.
Related to Your Search:
- Nomination of Area Welfare Officers (AWOs) for the calendar years 2019 and 2020
- Nomination of Area Welfare Officers for the calendar years 2015 and 2016- regarding.
- Dopt Orders 2013 : Nomination of Area Welfare Officers for the calendar years 2013 and 2014 for Delhi / New Delhi
- Nomination of Area Welfare Officers for the calendar years 2013 and 2014 regarding
- Election results of Managing Committee of the CGERWA/Sudhar Sabha/Kalyan Samities for the block year 2013-15 forwarding by AWO reg.
- Dopt Orders : Nomination of Area Welfare Officers – Additional charge
- CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES’ WELFARE COORDINATION COMMITTEES
- Swachh Bharat Mission-RWAs
- Review of Model constitution and Rule and Regulations for the Residents Welfare Associations recognised by the government of India, Department of Personnel and Training