No VRS in defence services and so OROP will be applicable in PMR (Pre-mature Retirement)
Govt to come up with clarification on OROP: Ex-servicemen
Leaders of agitating ex-servicemen over OROP met Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar tonight after which they said the government was likely to come out with a “clarification” on its applicability to those who have opted for premature retirement. Maj Gen (retd) Satbir Singh, who met the Minister along with few others, for the second time today, said the veterans would take a call on continuance of the agitation, that entered its 84th day, after a core committee meeting of the veterans.
“Defence Minister has confirmed that there is no VRS in defence services and so OROP will be applicable in PMR (Pre-mature Retirement). An official note would be given in a day or two after having a word with the Prime Minister. Parrikar has confirmed that he would give a clarification tomorrow evening or day after tomorrow. As far as Defence Minister and we are concerned that clause goes,” Singh told reporters.
Click to continue reading ; http://indianexpress.com
Related to Your Search:
- One Rank One Pension (OROP) Veterans on fast for full OROP
- Ex-Servicemen Launch Protest Against One Rank One Pension Notification
- Government to issue OROP notification before Diwali says Parrikar
- Ex-servicemen stage protest outside Jaitley residence for changing OROP scheme
- One Rank, One Pension proposal this week
- Let veterans prove OROP stir is not politically motivated, says Parrikar
- Government mulling committee to decide equalisation of pension issue
- UFESM expected a date for implementation of OROP
- OROP News: Government to issue notification on One Rank One Pension after Bihar polls – Manohar Parrikar