No increase in Tuition Fee in KV Schools – Proposal to enhance VVN
The Minister of State for Human Resource Development Shri.Shashi Tharoor stated in the Parliament that there is no proposal to increase the tuition fee in Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs). However, there is a proposal to enhance the Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi (VVN) contribution and the computer fund fee.
He replied to some supplementary questions regarding this subject, ‘ A total of 73% of the students in the KVs are the wards of Government employees (Central Government, State Government, Central Autonomous Bodies and State Autonomous Bodies) and they are eligible for reimbursement upto Rs.1250/- per month for each child under the Children Education Allowance scheme of the Government of India.
Pursuant to the implementation of the Right to Education (RTE) Act in the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) w.e.f. 1.4.2011, the students admitted under the provisions of the RTE Act are exempted from the payment of fees and provided reimbursement of expenditure incurred towards text books, note book, uniform and transportation.
The students belonging to families living below the poverty line category and studying in the KVs are exempted from payment of tuition fees and VVN fund contribution upto two children per family. In addition, there exists a provision to extend financial assistance to children who are in distress. There is also a provision to give concession to those students whose parents / guardians are not in a position to pay full tuition fee.
The following additional facilities may be provided to further improve the level of education in the KVs:-
(i) Establishment of e-classrooms.
(ii) Improvement in sports infrastructure.
(iii) Modernizations of Science laboratories, etc’.
Related to Your Search:
- Revision of Computer Fund and Vidyalaya Vikas Nidh (VVN) Contribution w.e.f. 1-4-2013
- KV School Fee Structure: Proposal for Revision of Tuition Fee
- Reimbursement of Tuition Fee
- Income tax exemption on children education allowance
- Electronic receipts acceptable for claiming Children Education Allowance (CEA) by central government employees
- KV Schools in India: Fees likely to increase in KV Schools
- Children Education Allowance
- Will 7th CPC Add Lustre to the CHILDREN’S EDUCATION ALLOWANCE SCHEME?
- Defence – Facilities to Children of Martyrs