NMC : PM should appoint 7th Pay Commission
Business Stnadard: Jammu Sunday, June 9, 2013
National Mazdoor Conference today urged Prime Minister to appoint the 7th pay commission at the next cabinet meeting as employees and pensioners will be entitled for pay commission with effect from January 1, 2016.
“We urge the Prime Minister to appoint Chairman and other members of the 7th pay commission and take decision in this regard at the next cabinet meeting and start discussion with representatives of both Central and State governments employees as Central and State governments employees and pensioners will be entitled for pay commission with effect from 1-1-2016”, President of the National Mazdoor Conference (NMC) Subash Shastri said today.
He said that the appoint of 7th Pay Commission will end confusion and uncertainty among the employees and pensioners on this issue once for all.
Addressing a one day workers convention at Brahamin Sabha here, Shastri pointed out that except sixth pay commission all earlier pay commissions were constituted in the 3rd year of every decade.
In other words earlier pay commissions except 6th pay commission were formed well before its implementation become due.
“A notification for constitution of the 7th pay commission is the need of the hour, which is bound to have bearing on about one core employees and pensioners, both in Central as well as State governments,” NMC Chief added.
Recalling that it was under Prime Minister Manmohan Singh that last pay panel was set up in 2005, after previous government failed to do so in 2003, Shastri requested that decision be “taken on priority for constitution of the pay commission.”
“50 per cent of DA should be forthwith merged into basic pay and pension,” he said, adding, 20 per cent Interim relief should be sanctioned as early as possible in favour of the employees and pensioners.
Shastri also insisted on the regularisation of daily wagers who have completed seven years of service in Mach 2012, adding their monthly emoluments should be raised to Rs 10,000 per month.
Related to Your Search:
- NMC urges PM to appoint chairman of 7th Pay Commission
- NMC urges PM to appoint Chairman for 7th Pay Commission, Merger of DA, 20% Interim Relief etc.
- NMC urges PM to immediately issue 7th Pay Commission notification
- Implement 7th Pay Commission recommendation: NMC
- 7th Pay Commission – President NMC urged PM to Personally Intervene and Secure the Interests of the Salaried Class
- Prime Minister Approves the Constitution of Seventh Central Pay Commission; Recommendations are Likely to be implemented with effect from 1st January, 2016
- 10% DA due from July, 2013: NMC appeals PM to announce in next Cabinet Meeting
- 7th Pay Commission implementation to State Government Employees – Minister’s reply in the Parliament
- NMC urges FM to raise IT exemption limit to Rs 5 lakh, exclude DA from IT calculation, Merge DA in Basic Pay & Pension etc