NMC demands daily wage workers regularization policy
Jammu: The National Mazdoor Conference(NMC) today urged Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed to formulate a comprehensive policy for regularisation of around 61,000 daily wage workers in various departments of the state government.
“There are 61,000 daily wage workers, casual and seasonal labourers engaged in various departments of the state government,” Subash Shastri, NMC president said.
“We urge the Chief Minister and the Finance Minister to formulate a comprehensive policy for regularisation of these workers,” he added.
The NMC president said that such a policy was need of the hour as the lives of these people and their family members was directly related to this.
“Government must take action on this issue at an earliest so as to mitigate the problems being faced by these people,” he said.
Shastri said that such a policy must come to affect before May 1, the International Labour Day as a gift to these workers of the state.
Inputs with PTI
Related to Your Search:
- NMC urges PM to appoint Chairman for 7th Pay Commission, Merger of DA, 20% Interim Relief etc.
- NMC urges PM to immediately issue 7th Pay Commission notification
- NMC : PM should appoint 7th Pay Commission
- NMC urges FM to raise IT exemption limit to Rs 5 lakh, exclude DA from IT calculation, Merge DA in Basic Pay & Pension etc
- Implement 7th Pay Commission recommendation: NMC
- 7th Pay Commission – President NMC urged PM to Personally Intervene and Secure the Interests of the Salaried Class
- 7th Pay Commission News : National Mazdoor Conference for Seventh Pay Commission
- Single Transfer Policy for State & Central Government employees
- One Day Salary for Flood-Affected People of Jammu and Kashmir