NIVARAN – Online system for grievance redressal of both serving as well as retired Railwaymen
- Railway Minister directs to develop an online system for grievance redressal of both serving as well as retired Railwaymen.
- The system called NIVARAN to come into operation by 24th June, 2016.
- The System to have provision for progress tracking and appeal.
- Railway Minister to personally review and monitor the functioning of this system.
- The move to benefit around 27 lakhs persons.
In an innovative measure aimed at staff welfare, Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu has directed railway administration to develop an online system for the redressal of grievances of Railway Employees both serving as well as retired. The IT Department of Indian Railways has started working on developing this system which will be called “NIVARAN” and will come into operation by 24.06.2016. Under this system, a railway personnel will be able to submit his grievances online and can also track the progress in resolution or disposal of the grievances. The main focus areas of the grievance redressal will be reimbursement of medical claims, pension claim, compassionate appointment and improvement in staff quarters. The move will benefit around 13.26 lakhs serving railway employees and around 13.79 lakhs retired railway personnel that is the system NIVARAN will serve the needs of around total 27 lakhs persons.
The Railway Minister has also directed the Railway Administration to create a provision or mechanism in this system for “appeal” against a particular decision of an authority. The Railway Minister has accorded important priority to this new system and has decided to personally review and monitor the functioning of this system. The monitoring and review will also be done at Railway Board Level, at Zonal Level and at Divisional level also. The Railway Minister has always been emphasizing on measures aimed at the welfare of the staff and resolution of their problems. He has always been pointing out the sincerity, dedication and hard work being put in by the railway employees to make Indian Railways as the world class railway system.
Related to Your Search:
- Grievance Redressal Mechanism for the Jawans
- Government mechanism available for redressal of pensioners grievances
- KVS – Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Employees Grievances Portal
- Dr Jitendra Singh launches the telephonic feedback system for grievance redressal
- Salary and Travelling Allowance to retired Railway Staff re-engaged in Railways
- PMO gets over 61,000 public grievances per month
- Commencement of Pension in favour of retired Railway employees: Railway Bord
- Railways to rationalise staff strength
- Railway Reservation System to be Revamped: Supports 7200 tickets per minute & 1,20,000 users at any point in time