NFIR: Revision of Over Time Allowance to Railway employees consequent upon revision of pay scales and allowances
The Secretary (E)
Sub: Revision of Over Time Allowance to Railway employees consequent upon revision of pay scales and allowances – reg.
Ref: (i) Railway Board’s letter No.PC-V/2008/A/O/3 (OTA) dated 17-02-2010
(ii) Railway Board’s Letter No.PC-V/2008/A/O/3 (OTA) dated 20-05-2011
(iii) NFIR’s letter No.IV/NFIR/7 CPC (Imp)/2016/Allowance/Part I dated 27-09-2017
(iv) Railway Board’s letter No.Pc-V/2017/A/OTA/1 dated 28-11-2017
Pursuant to acceptance of 7th CPC recommendation by the Government for revision of Over Time Allowance rates. NFIR vide its letter dated 27-09-2017 requested the Railway Board to issue instructions for revising the rates of Over Time Allowance for Railway Employees. In the said communication, the Federation had highlighted that Railways being operational system wherein the staff are duty bound to work beyond rostered/statutory limits when ordered in exigency of service, as their duty hours are governed by statutory acts and they are eligible for Over Time Allowance as part of wages.
In the Federation’s communication dated 27-09-2017, Railway Board’s attention was also invited to Board’s decision vide No.PC-V/2008/A/O/3 (OTA) dated 20-05-2011 for granting payment of Over Time Allowance to the Railway Employees at the revised rates w.e.f 01-01-2006 (as a result of agreement with the Federations on DC/JCM Item No.24/2010).
Federation is surprised to note that in Board’s instructions vide RBE No.175/2017 dated 28-11-2017, the revision of Over Time Allowance rates has been given effect from 01-07-2017 instead from 01-01-2016 ignoring the following:-
The Over Time Allowance is part of wages, which needs to be revised w.e.f 01-01-2016 in terms of statutory provisions.
The Board’s decision dated 28-11-2017 is breach of agreement with the Federations
The Railway Board has unfortunately failed to take into account the fact mentioned in NFIR’s letter dated 27-09-2017.
NFIR, therefore urges upon the Railway Board to review the case for giving effect to the payment of Over Time Allowance at revised rates w.e.f 01-01-2016 to Railway Employees and issue instructions accordingly to GMs.
Source : NFIR
Related to Your Search:
- Revision of Over Time Allowance to Railway Employees consequent upon revision of pay scales and allowances
- Revision of the rates of Night Duty Allowance (NDA) – recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission – NFIR
- Grant of 2 additional increments at revised rates to Nursing Personnel pursuant of revision of pay (7th CPC)
- National Holiday Allowance – Upward revision of rates
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance to Railway employees – NFIR
- NFIR: Revision of Kilometrage rates and other Allowances of Running Staff
- Revision of hourly rates of Incentive Bonus and Bouns Factor of Workshop/PU in respect of staff governed under CRJ pattern/GIS
- NFIR – Special Allowance to Nursing Superintendents working in Operation Theatre/Intensive Care Unit-revision of Allowances
- Need for revision of hourly rates of incentive bonus and incentive allowance in favour of Railway Staff: NFIR