NFIR: Revised entitlement of passes for Railway Employees
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 110 055
Affiliated to :
Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers Federation (ITF)
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Revised entitlement of Passes for Railway employees – hardship caused to certain staff who became entitled for 1st Class Pass as per old norms-remedial action urged.
Ref: NFIR’s PNM Item No. 11/2013.
The subject matter was discussed in the special meeting held on 23/11/2015 in the chamber of ED/IR. During the meeting, the Official Side stated that Federation’s demand is not feasible of acceptance in view of revised entitlement communicated vide Board’s letter dated 6th January 2011. Federation has however did not agree with the view and said that those staff who could have become entitled for 1st Class Pass on the notional pay Rs. 5375 should not be denied the entitlement.
In this connection, NFIR re-iterates that when some of those staff whose notional pay touches Rs. 5375/- (provided they are in a scale the maximum of which is Rs. 70001- or above) are eligible for drawing lst Class Pass as per Board’s instructions dated 01/02/1999, denying the privilege on the plea of revised instructions is illogical. Such staff deserve to be allowed to avail 1st Class pass. The number of such cases may not be large.
NFIR, therefore, requests the Railway Board to kindly review and grant special dispensation for allowing 1st Class Pass in the cases where the notional pay reached Rs. 5375/- on and after 6tn January, 2011. A copy of the instructions issued may be endorsed to the Federation.
Copy to the General Secretaries of affiliated Unions of NFIR.
File No. II/50/Pt.2 & File No. 11/2013 (PNM).
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of 1st Class Privilege Pass to the ASMs GP 2800/- upgraded to GP 4200/- (PB-2)/7th CPC Pay Level 6
- Revision of monthly remuneration to the contract para-medical staff in Railways
- Revision of Over Time Allowance to Railway Employees consequent upon revision of pay scales and allowances
- Reckoning service for entitlement of Post Retirement Complimentary Passes
- Grant of 2 additional increments at revised rates to Nursing Personnel pursuant of revision of pay (7th CPC)
- NFIR: TA/DA, PF, Pass, Medical and accommodation facilities to the contract Para-Medical Staff working in Railways
- 7th CPC Revised pay limits for entitlement of Passes and PTOs for railway servants
- Government’s decision on recommendation of the 7th Central Pay Commission – Transport Allowance to the Railway employees – Deprival of higher rate to those working in pay Level 1 & 2
- Appointment on compassionate grounds – review of extant instructions relating to acquisition of higher qualification – NFIR