NFIR – Promotional prospects of Pointsmen category.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No.E(NG)I/ 2010/ PM 2/6
New Delhi, dated May 09, 2019
The General Managers
All Zonal Railways &
(as per standard mailing list)
Sub: Promotional prospects of Pointsmen category.
The issue regarding promotiorlal prospects of Pointsmen category of the Traffic Department has been under construction of the Railway Board.
The matter having been taken up by the recognized Federations i.e. NFIR and AIRF has been examined in consultation with the Traffic Directorate.
With a view to improve the promotional prospects of the Pointsmen category, it has been decided that Pointsmen ‘A’ in Pay Level-2 may also be considered for selection to tthe post of Jr. Trains Clerk in Pay Level-2 along with the other eligible gpries in Pay Level- 1. As such placement of Pointsmel A’, if selected to Jr, Train Clerk, will however be a movement from a Level-2 post to the sarne level of post, it is clarified that fixation of pay with promotional increment under Rule 13(i) of RSRP rules, will not be done in such cases.
Para 126(1) (ii) of IREM Vol.I, 2009 Reprint edition stands amended
accordingly, as per ACS No.263 enclosed herewith.
Please acknowledge receipt
INDIAN RAILWAYS ESTABLISHMENT MANUAL, VOLUME-I
(1989 Edition, First Reprint Edition, 2009)
ADVANCE CORRECTION SLIP NO.263
Chapter- 1, Section-B, Sub-Section III
Substitute the following for the existing para 126(l)(ii)
33 1 /3% by promotion by a process of selection from eligible categories of staff in level-l as specified by the Zonal Railways as per procedure prescribed in para 189; and Pointsmen ‘A’ in Level-2.
(Authority: Railway Board’s Letter No: E(NG)/2010/PM 2/6 dated 09.05.2019)
Related to Your Search:
- Correction in para 228 of Indian Railway Establishment Manual, Volume -I (Revised Edition1989) Edition -2009 Erroneous Promotions
- Child Care Leave (CCL) – Amendment to the Indian Railway Establishment Code, Volume-I, 1985 Edition (Reprint Edition 2008) Chapter V – Indian railways
- Eligibility for selection against 33 1/3% promotion quota of Ticket Examiner/ Commercial Clerk in 6th CPC Grade Pay 2000 Level-3
- 7th CPC – Revision of the rates of Breakdown Allowance
- Implementation of recommendations of Seventh Central Pay Commission accepted by the Government – Post Graduate Allowance
- Staff Benefit Fund – Amendment of provisions relating to Railway Staff Benefit FundStaff Benefit Fund – Amendment of provisions relating to Railway Staff Benefit Fund
- Grant of Advances – Seventh Central Pay Commission recommendations – Discontinuance of Advance of Leave Salary
- Revision of rates of stipend to apprentices and trainees on Railways
- Revision in cadre structure and staffing pattern due to merger of three categories of posts in the Commercial Department over Indian Railways – viz. Ticket Checking (TC), Commercial Clerk (CC), and Enquiry-cum-Reservation-Clerk (ECRC)