Earmarking of reservation quota for women
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No.2007/TG – I/20/P Pt.II
New Delhi. Dated: 15.02.2018
The Principal Chief Commercial
All Zonal Railways.
(COMMERCIAL CIRCULAR NO 13 OF 2018)
Sub: Earmarking of reservation quota for women.
At present, following reserved accommodation is earmarked for use of female passengers:- .
(a) In Sleeper Class coach reservation quota of 6 berths in Mail/Express trains for ladies irrespective of age travelling alone or in a group of female passengers.
(b) In all trains having reserved sleeping accommodation, a combined quota of six lower berths per coach in Sleeper class and 3 lower berths per coach each in AC 3 tier and AC-2 tier classes for Senior Citizens, Female passengers of 45 years of age and above and pregnant women. In case of Rajdhani, Duronto and fully it Conditioned/Express trains, the number of berths to be earmarked under this quota in 3AC is 4 lower berths per coach as against 3 lower berths per coach in normal Mail/Express trains.
2. The issue regarding earmarking of ladies quota in 3 AC class of Garib Rath Express trains has been examined and it has been decided to earmark a reservation quota of 6 berths in 3 AC class of these trains for exclusive use of female passengers irrespective of their a while travelling alone or in group of female passengers.
3. It has also been decided to modify the- logic of utilising accommodation earmarked under ladies quota as under:-
(i) Till preparation of first reservation charts, only female passengers travelling alone or in group of female passengers will be booked against this quota,
(ii) However, at the time of preparation of first reservation charts, the unutilised quota earmarked for female passengers will b released to waiting, Its female passengers travelling alone or in group of female passengers followed by waiting list senior citizens.
If there are no such passengers and berths are left vacant, on board ticket checking staff shall be authorised to allot this accommodation to any other lady passenger/senior citizen on partially confirmed ticket, if any after making necessary entries in the reservation chart.
4. CRIS will make necessary modification in the software and advise date of effect to all Zonal Railways as well as this office.
5. Necessary instructions may be issued to all concerned accordingly.
( Shelly Srivastava)
Director Passenger Marketing
Related to Your Search:
- Enhancement of Combined Reservation Quota of lower berths for Senior Citizens and Female Passengers
- Reservation Facilities Provided to Senior Citizen and Female Passengers Including Pregnant Women
- Train reservation Quota for Women and Senior Citizens: Railway Board Circular
- Reduction of Defence – Tatkal – Female and Senior Citizens quotas in trains
- Tatkal Booking Timings Change – Online Booking Passengers Pleased
- Provision of seats for TTEs/Conductors
- Railways – 50 Percent Concession for Male senior citizens and 40 Percent Concession for Lady senior citizens
- FACILITIES EXTENDED TO HANDICAPPED PERSONS IN RESPECT OF RESERVATION IN TRAINS
- Categories of Reservation Quotas in Indian Railways