NFIR – Denial of LC Gate Allowance to the Gate Keepers/ Gatemen of Operating in Railways
The Secretary (E)
Sub: Denial of LC Gate Allowance to the Gate Keepers / Gatemen of Operating in Railways – reg.
Ref: NFIR’s letter No.I/5(g)/Pt.VI dated 04/06/2018 & 17/08/2018 to the Railway Board.
NFIR once again invites the kind attention of Railway Board to the Federation’s letters dated 04/06/2019 & 17/08/2018, urging upon the Railway Board to grant LC Gate Allowance to the Operating
Department Gate Keeper / Gatemen on par with those Gate Keepers of Civil Engineering Department’ It is however said to mention that neither orders issued to GMs for payment of LC Gate Allowance to the Operating Department Gate Keeper / Gatemen nor reply sent to the Federation on the subject matter.
It needs to be appreciated that pursuant to the acceptance of 7th CPC recommendation, the Railway Board issued orders vide RBE No.87/2017 dated 10/08/2017 and RBE No.110/2017 dated 30/08/2017, granting LC Gate Allowance to the Civil Engineering Department Gate Keepers. These instructions should have been applied to the Operating Department Gate Keepers also automatically, Discriminating Operating Department Gate Keepers in respect of LC Gate Allowance is totally unjustified as the Gate Keepers of Operating Department have been performing similar nature of duties, being performed by Civil Engineering Gate Keepers.
The Operating Department Gate Keepers are extremely disappointed over non-payment of LC Gate Allowance to them, while similarly placed Gate Keeper of Civil Engineering Department are paid the same w.e.f. 1st July 2017.
The Railway Board has constituted EDs Committee to consider the categories which are to be recommended for payment of risk and hardship allowance. NFIR had already given detailed proposal to the EDs Committee, justify for bringing various categories of staff under the ambit of risk and hardship matrix for payment of risk and hardship allowance. However the case for payment of LC Gate Allowance of Operating Department need not be linked to the EDs Committee as this case is different to that of risk and hardship allowance, therefore this crucial point be considered for allowing payment of LC gate allowance to the operating department gate keepers at par with Civil Engineering Department
NFIR therefore once again urges upon the Railway Board to kindly expedite action for granting LC Gate Allowance to the Gate Keepers of Operating Department w.e.f. 1st July 2017. Federation may kindly be replied of action being taken on the subject early.
Related to Your Search:
- NFIR: Risk and Hardship Allowance – Railway Department
- NFIR – Reduction of Duty Hours and revision of classification of Engineering & Traffic Gate-man as “Continuous”
- Recommendations of 7th CPC – Payment of Risk & Hardship Allowance for Track Maintainers working in construction s organization
- Revision of Special Pay granted to Trolleyman working in Engineering and S&T Departments – reg.
- Railway Board have decided to constitute a Committee for inclusion of fresh categories within the ambit of Risk & Hardship Allowance
- Recommendation of 7th CPC- decision relating to grant of Risk and Hardship Allowance for Track Maintainer of Indian Railways
- Risk and Hardship Allowance to Mate, Keyman & Patrolman, Extension of Rich and Hardship Allowance to P. Way Artisans including their Helpers and Enhanced Allowance to Gatekeepers at Spl. and A – Class Level Crossing
- 7th CPC Recommendations on Risk and Hardship Matrix
- Recommendation of 7th Central Pay Commission – Decision relating to grant of Risk and Hardship Allowance for Track Maintainers of Indian Railways