Creation of the posts of Driver-cum- Technician in the Track Machine organization on Indian Railways
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 110055
Affiliated to :
Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF)
No. II/34/Part 15
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Creation of the posts of Driver-cum- Technician in the Track Machine organization on Indian Railways-reg.
The Track machine Organization on the Indian Railways is responsible for maintenance of P. Way Tracks to the expected standards.
2. For quite some time, Federation has been receiving grievances from JEs/SSEs working in TM organization that they are being compelled to drive Track Machines besides working on machines to perform various jobs on railway tracks. The SSEs/JEs of Track Machine Organization are Diploma/Graduate engineers. They are inducted to perform duties of P. Way maintenance with machines. They feel humiliated when they are compelled to drive Track Machines as driving the track machines is the job of trained driver or driver-cum-technician.
3. The Railway Board vide letter No. 2014/Track III/TK/3 dated 14/08/2015 Para 2.9 (2.9.1 & 2.9.2) has directed the-Zonal Railways to create posts of Driver-cum-Technician in GP 1900/- in order to reduce the burden of JEs/SSEs (TM). For the said purpose, Railway Board has outlined following procedure:-
• For performing the duties of shifting/shunting of Track Machines, post of Driver-cum- Technician similar to ALP in GP 1900/- be created.
• These posts are to be filled from amongst erstwhile Group ‘D’ staff working in GP 1800/- who possess the qualification of Xth Pass with ITI similar to ALP.
• Staff selected as Driver-cum-Technician should be imparted mandatory training similar to ALP.
• All such selected staff should be assigned the responsibility of driving & shunting the Track Machines.
• For providing career opportunities to Driver-cum-Technicians their names should be interpolated in the respective seniority list of Technicians Gr. ill (GP 1900) of the Track Machine Organization.
4. Vide communication dated 14/08/2015, the Railway Board has desired the Zonal Railways to examine in detail the relevant issues and submit suggestions to the Northern Railway/Railway Board in consultation with Personnel Department of each Zone. Reports however reveal that though a period of one year has passed, action on the instructions of Railway Board is yet to be taken by Zonal Railways, consequently, the JEs/SSEs of Track Machine Organization continued to face hardships as their status is being relegated to “driver-cum-technician”.
NFIR, therefore, requests the Railway Board to consider the above facts and issue instructions to the Zonal Railways to create the posts of Driver-cum-Technician in GP 1900/- without delay for driving and shunting the Track Machines.
Action taken in the matter may be advised to the Federation early.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
Source : NFIR
Related to Your Search:
- NFIR: Clarification on residency period for promotion – Orders issued by Railway Board
- Non-payment of Over Time Allowance to the staffworking on Track Machines on South East Central Railway
- Revised Railway safety category posts – Revision of List & Format
- Discontinuation of Direct Recruitment to the posts of Senior Section Engineers – Railway Board Order
- Recommendations of 7th CPC – Payment of Risk & Hardship Allowance for Track Maintainers working in construction s organization
- 7th CPC Risk and Hardship Allowance for Track Maintainers working in Constructions Organization
- Absorption of Diploma Holder as JE-II Case of Diploma Holder progressmen working in RE Organization
- Increasing Promotion Quota percentages to the posts of Technician III in Diesel/Electric Loco/EMU Sheds on Indian Railways
- Educational qualification for recruitment to Group ‘C’ posts in Track Machine Organization (TMO) Departments on the Railways