National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 110055
Affiliated to :
Indian NationalTrade Union Congress (INTUC)
lnternational Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF)
No. II/14/Part VII
Shri Suresh Prabhu,
Honoble Minister for Railways,
Sub: Comprehensive transfer policy – exemption from 5 years condition-reg.
Ref: (i) Railway Board’s letter No. E(NG)I-2005/TR/20 dated,10/02/2016.
(ii) NFIR’s letter No. II/14/Part VII dated 21st Feb 2017.
At the outset, NFIR thanks the Railway Ministry for granting exemption from 5 years minimum service condition to consider the request transfers in the following situations vide Railway Board’s letter dated 10/02/2016.
(a) Transfers sought on mutual exchange basis,
(b) Transfers sought on spouse ground,
(c) Railway servants who are care-givers to a disabled child and
(d) Physically handicapped Railway servants.
The Federation brings to your kind notice that the Defence Forces Personnel after having served for safeguarding the Nation’s Borders for decades, have retired and thereafter they are being recruited through Railway Recruitment Boards/Railway Recruitment Cells in the Railways. These Personnel during their service in the Defence Forces were far away from their families for decades. After recruitment in Railwals also, they are away from their family members and children due to their postings at different places. Consequently, they are facing lot of hardships in managing two establishments. Their case therefore, deserves to be considered by
relaxing 5 years minimum service condition, so that they can seek transfer nearer to their place of residence and can peacefully perform their duties while leading family life.
NFIR, therefore, requests the Hon’ble MR to kindly accord approval for relaxing minimum 5 years service condition in the case of former Defence Forces Personnel re-employed in Railways also to enable them to go on transfer nearer to their places and join their families. A copy of Federation’s letter dated 21st Feb 2017 on the subject, already sent to Railway Board is also enclosed.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
Related to Your Search:
- Comprehensive transfer policy – Exemption from 5 years service condition – NFIR
- Comprehensive Transfer Policy – Exemption from 5 years service condition – Indian Railways – NFIR
- Comprehensive transfer policy – exemption from 5 years service condition
- Comprehensive Transfer Policy – Exemption from 5 years service condition
- Comprehensive transfer policy for Railway officers – Denial of inter-railway transfer requests of Group ‘C’ staff-reg.
- Minimum service condition for Inter-Railway request transfer
- Reckoning service for entitlement of Post Retirement Complimentary Passes
- Inter Railway mutual transfer of Railway Staff working in GP 1800/Level 1 (7th CPC)
- Replacement of 6th CPC GP i.r.o. Sr. SE & Loco Pilots, Stepping up of Pay i.r.o. Loco Inspectors, Upgradation of Post: Discussed in Meeting with Chairman,Railway Board on 29.05.2017