New series of consumer price index – Base for calculation of Dearness Allowance
Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India has decided to prepare a new series of Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers. For this purpose, Government has set up a Standing Tripartite Committee (STC) to advise the Government on issues pertaining to the Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers (New Series). The STC will go into details of various parameters that are taken into consideration for updation of the base year such as the weighting diagram, consumption basket, selection of centres, sample size of establishments for price collection etc.
Government has no specific information about the skilled/semi-skilled worker outsourced by the Central Government /State Governments through contractors not being paid as per the CPI. However, the Contract Labour Act, 1970 inter-alia, contains provisions for payment of wages to these category of workers. The contract workers are also entitled to receive minimum wages as notified by the appropriate Governments from time to time.
This information was given by Minister of State for Labour & Employment Shri Kodikunnil Suresh in the Lok Sabha today in reply to a written question.
Related to Your Search:
- Three types of Consumer Price Index Numbers maintained by Labour Bureau
- AICPIN for Feb 2015 – Labour Bureau Publishes today
- Expected DA from Jan 2014 – AICPIN for the month of August 2013
- Consumer Price Index Numbers for Industrial Workers
- CONSUMER PRICE INDEX: New Series for updation of Base of CPI(Industrial Workers) proposed
- New Series for Revision of Base of CPI(IW) launched
- Calculation starts for expected DA from January 2017
- AICPIN FOR THE MONTH OF MAY 2014 – EXPECTED DA FROM JULY 2014
- Eligible DA from July 2015 is 119% – All India Consumer Price Index for June 2015 released