Ministry of Labour & Employment
Registration of New Public & Private Limited Companies for EPFO & ESIC now on MCA Portal
06 MAR 2020
As part of the ongoing efforts to improve India’s ranking in the Doing Business Report 2021, The Ministry of Labour & Employment has completed the reform to “Integrate process of registration for GST, EPFO, ESIC and Profession Tax for Maharashtra with company incorporation” in tandem with the MCA.
The reform has been completed by making the registration of new Public, Private Limited Companies and One Person Company for ESIC and EPFO mandatory through the Spice+ and AGILE-PRO eforms of MCA w.e.f., 15-02-2020. Registration for ESIC and EPFO for new companies as above has been stopped on Shram Suvidha Portal from 15.02.2020. A message to this effect is displayed on the Shram Suvidha Portal and the website of Ministry of Labour and Employment www.labour.gov.in as follows:
Also check: EPFO – Revised Transfer Claim Form 13
Registration for EPFO & ESIC for new Public& Private Limited Companies and One Person Company has been stopped on Shram Suvidha Portal from 15.02.2020.
With effect from 15.02.2020, new Public& Private Limited Companies and One Person Company shall get registration number for EPFO & ESIC on MCA portal (www.mca.gov.in) through Spice + and AGILE-PRO eforms) only at the time of incorporation.
However, the above new companies will have to comply with the provisions of EPF & MP Act, 1952, and ESI Act, 1948 when they cross the threshold limit of employment under the respective Acts.
Related to Your Search:
- Transfers and postings of EPFO, ESIC, DGMS, DGFASLI, CLC(c), and Labour Bureau officers have been postponed until May31, 2021:
- May Day Celebration by Ministry of Labour and Employment
- Clarification on grant of CCL and other related benefits for the third Child, in case of second surviving child : ESIC Orders
- Principal Employers to view EPF compliance of their contractors and contract workers registered with EPFO Unified Portal
- The Government is Committed for Job Security, Wage Security and Social Security of the Workers
- Details of amount invested by the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) in private sector
- Relaxation in EPFO scheme
- Cashless treatment of ESIC Employees and cash compensation for loss of wages
- BIO-Metric ID for Industrial Workers by ESIC