New Post Offices will be opened in this fiscal-Manoj Sinha
The Government has planned to open 81 Sub-Post Offices and 100 Branch Post Offices during the current financial year 2017-18 under the Scheme – “Rural Business & Access to Postal Network”. Minister of Communications Shri Manoj Sinha said in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today that the Department of Posts has also planned to open 66 Branch Post Offices by creation of new posts in 32 worst affected Left Wing Extremism (LWE) districts in the country under the aforesaid scheme in the current financial year.
Shri Sinha informed that out of 25,350 post offices in the States of the Country, 25,348 are computerised. He said that the Department of Posts takes action, from time to time, to induct technology and upgrade the system to cater to the growing market requirements and to increase revenue earnings. The Minister said that the increase or revision of rates of postal products and services is an ongoing exercise carried out from time to time and that there is no proposal to increase the rates of premium Business Development products at present.
Related to Your Search:
- India Post Payments Bank will be a game changer for financial inclusion – Manoj Sinha
- 11 lakh accounts opened under Sukanya Samriddhi scheme in Tamil Nadu
- GDS: Grameen Dak Sevaks Lok Sabha Q&A
- DEPARTMENT OF POSTS: GRAMIN DAK SEVAK ISSUE IN LOK SABHA – 22-03-2017
- PM to launch India Post Payments Bank on Saturday, 1st September
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat – From 1 June 2020, only Indigenous Products will be sold in canteens and stores across the country in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF)
- India Post Payment Banks (IPPB) to come up in 12 districts under Trichy region by September, 2018
- 2,590 post offices have core banking facilities
- Cabinet gives ex-post facto approval to the cadre review of Indian Postal Service (IPoS)