New Pension Scheme Contribution Kept Under PF/CPF
NPS Contribution Kept Under PF/CPF
The New Pension Scheme (NPS) was implemented in Delhi Cantonment Board for the employees appointed on or after 01.01.2004 with effect from 01.04.2011. During the intervening period these employees made contributions to the Provident Fund (PF) account maintained by the Board. After implementation of the New Pension Scheme contributions made in the PF account were utilized for depositing prescribed subscriptions with the National Securities Depository Limited under Tier-I of NPS alongwith the equal amount of the employer’s share, for the period prior to 01.04.2011.
In the case of 61 employees after adjusting the subscriptions payable towards Tier-I of NPS certain amounts still remain in the PF accounts of these employees. As PF accounts cannot be held after the introduction of NPS, these employees have been asked to give their option either for deposit of the amounts under Tier-II of NPS or for their refund alongwith the interest accrued.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri Arun Jaitley in a written reply to SmtBimlaKashyapin Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- New Pension Scheme in Ordnance Factories: FAQ
- National Pension Scheme – Retired employees can avail the benefit of the NPS scheme?
- NPS News – Pending amount under NPS with Delhi Cantonment Board
- 7th Pay Commission expressed its regret about transition from OPS to NPS
- PFRDA takes a new initiative to increase pension coverage by increasing the incentives payable to Points of Presence (POPs), the principal distributive points for NPS
- Rs 100 crore released towards Government of India co-contribution in Atal Pension Yojana
- NPS was implemented in respect of Delhi Cantonment Board employees from 01.04.2011
- Scrapping of New Pension Scheme
- NPS – Booking of expenditure towards Interest on delayed/non- deposit of National Pension System Contributions